Why are these late night pick ups always late

Discussion in 'Panther Premium Logistics' started by acvox24, Aug 16, 2016.

1. acvox24

acvox24 Expert Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Carrier:
    Panther
    Vehicle:
    Transit
    When ever I get one of these pick ups between 10pm to 1am there ALWAYS late. I'm not talking 15 minutes late but like 2 to 3 hours late every time. It screws up my hole schedule. That's it. This is the last late night run I'm doing, it just not worth the aggravation.

2. Moot
    Confused

Moot Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +7,088 / 5 / -1
    Carrier:
    Panther
    Vehicle:
    Transit 350 Long/Tall Ecoblast
    I agree. Often times the problem is the person in charge of shipping, who works the 1st shift, schedules the pickup and then goes home. 8 or 10 hours and one shift later the parts didn't get finished and the driver is there waiting. Nobody knows what to do. Other times the shipper knows that they can hold the truck for two hours without paying detention and you get loaded an hour and fifty five minutes after your scheduled arrival time.

I know a few shippers that are consistently unprepared for late night pickups and I won't accept a load from them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • acvox24

acvox24 Expert Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
      +107 / 0 / -0
      Carrier:
      Panther
      Vehicle:
      Transit
      Nice to see I'm not the only one. Sometimes I think it's because are detention is to weak. When I was a truck driver detention was 40 bucks. So we never had late pick ups. But detention at 15, don't think it's enough to make the shipper care.

• Like Like x 1