Who's your favorite Cricket team?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Great Finally a sports forum, lots of sports out there.

I am wondering how many of you follow real sports like Aussie Rules football or Cricket?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some years back my son and I channel surfed upon Aussie rules football. We had no clue what we were seeing. We could'nt figure out why someone could just break out from the bottom of a pile of players and run with the ball.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One time I was laying over in Burlington VT,passed by an athletic field and watched a local Rugby game . Real men play that game.

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
At last, a sport's forum!

Lawrence and I are both hoping to see extensive coverage
of our favorite athletic activity: curling!

We realize however, that not everyone is into that sport from the Great White North, so we'd be happy to talk about our second favorite spectator sport: Seniors' Shuffleboard from Florida!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
They were saying on the radio that NFL players used to play rugby in the offseason to stay in top form. I couldn't imagine that kind of love for punishment!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mine's Jiminy and the Jiminets

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ahhh... Curling.... I grew up watching it on channel 9(CBC) every sunday in the winter when my Canadian cousins came over to visit. We wold go over there and they would watch movies.

I never really understood what the big deal is about (as they put it) sliding a rock across the ice while sweeping in front of it. I still can't figure out why they would watch it when they were (and still am) very big hockey fans.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are a hockey nut and can't find a game I guess curling will have to do. It's an ice thing.

I went to a bon spiel (spelling?) once. Had a couple of friends who were curlers. Seemed to me that there was more drinking than rock throwing and sweeping.