Who's got one?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Nice photo,there is something about a Western Star,saw one of these at the Louisville show,believe it is built in Mexico and it looks like they were thinking dump truck etc,but a expediter truck Western Star would be a neat truck..Do you have any idea of the basic price??

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes! the first Western Star expediter will hit the ground about July 12. 9 speed will about 81,000-81,500. Auto Shift will be about 83,500. The first 7 will be built on June 1. They will spec'd comprobable to the FL 80. LOADED!!

EH

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Where did you get that info. I checked into it 3 or 4 months ago and corresponded with the factory and manufacturers sales director and was informed that the list of options was at that time, very sparse. No AC, Air ride etc. Strictly a work truck and no plans to change it at that time. I thought it would be a tough truck but with only one 75gl fuel tank available it did not look promising. Maybe they saw the light. I pestered them for a month or so and finally got a brochure, spec sheet etc before losing interest. It sure looks different. It was designed to be strictly a vocational truck according to the factory folks. This should mean TOUGH since that is usually dumps, flats, propane trucks, construction use etc. Ed