Who to sign up with for ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE?

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would like to know who drivers use and maybe what the costs are. thanks everyone.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have AAA plus that covers my vans. Used them once when my driver locked himself out. They called a lock smith, went to the truck stop unlocked the door and never heard about charges so that one call paid for the years dues.

It's $30 for each additional driver and $45 for initial cost a year. They also will tow a van as long as they can use a regular tow truck. If you want you can join Good Sams club with a straight truck and they will tow or change a tire, they're about $50 a year.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have AAA Plus, which gives you four 100-mile tows a year (AAA Classic gives 5-mile tows). They won't tow you if you are loaded (but many of the tow truck operators themselves don't know this). In any case, if you're loaded and need a tow, when you call in for the tow, uhm, don't tell them you are loaded, duh. I've been towed while loaded twice.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I got my insurance through CIS and they use Progressive so roadside is already part of my insurance plan as it is with some other companies. Another option is through your cell company Verizon has roadside for a few dollars a month that can be added.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I have AAA Plus, which gives you four 100-mile tows a year (AAA Classic gives 5-mile tows). They won't tow you if you are loaded (but many of the tow truck operators themselves don't know this). In any case, if you're loaded and need a tow, when you call in for the tow, uhm, don't tell them you are loaded, duh. I've been towed while loaded twice.

I don't drive loaded.