Who sells used sleepers and boxes?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any company that sells used trucks and equipment or salvages wrecks should have sleepers and boxes. Check on line, google used truck equipment. Also most truck stops carry a tabloid style paper (can't remember the name) listing used trucks for sale. There are always used van bodies and sleepers listed.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Start with Truck paper and look for boxes.

Many salvage yards will sell sleepers cheap. The problem is adapting them to a truck. It may be easier to find a Class 8 and get it streched than to try to adapt a sleeper.

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
Most companys that make custom sleepers will have a few used ones, they get them when a driver upgrades his sleeper.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
S & J Truck Parts in Ft. Wayne, IN. Their phone # is 260-749-5831. They are located off of 960 near the Frtlnr. dealer, behind Hoosier Body on the right, and also not far from Bentz. They specialize in take-off and like new Peterbilt and KW sleepers. They have up to 70" high roof Petes and may even have the larger KW sleeper...

They put one on my Pete 335, riding on two diff. air bag systems (one between cab & sleeper like the 70" new models). I got a 2000 unit and parts were mixed to give me the best quality. Sleeper painted to match truck color by Hoosier Body. Very pleased with this, I saved about 50% over cost of such a sleeper new on a large Pete. Hoosier almost moved my old 24' box to the new truck. Let's just say I saved beaucoup bucks...