Who is close to me and why I need to know

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find it strange that Express-1 is putting forth an effort to be the leader in this biz. However, without giving the owners access to info that we need to make a sound judgement on where to move. IE: I was in Seymour,IN and moved to Whiteland, IN 45 miles, only to find there were 4 Sprinters here when I did message 19. If I had the ablity to see where other trucks were, I would have stayed in Seymour, or moved somewhere else.

Message 19- of the 4 Sprinters here where am I on the "out" list? I don't know without calling, which they don't want us to do. Other companies give their drivers/owners this info, wonder why E-1 will not do this?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eddie... When you get an answer to a question..like " It is industry standard." They are only sheep NOT leaders.....Leaders don't follow, they lead....They set the standards others follow.....

There was an article in the E-1 newsletter back in 07 about the ineffectiveness of mac19 and here it is 18 months later...

The Tristate system IMO is far superior to any carriers that I've seen....

09 is forcast to be slow...it is more imperative then ever that we know where to go to avoid costly DH....

so until then we just keep calling and caling and calling til they get the message....

you should call more Eddie...if more drivers/owners did just maybe we could squeeze this pimple from both sides....

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even a mac19 with option to enter a city would help, but they have to let us know in that mac19 if we move there you will be ?? out. This should not have a time limit on it either, and I need to know while under load. IE: getting close to drop, passing by big city, do a mac19 to see how many are there. Just in case I want to move there after I make the drop.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Landstar has by far the best system I've seen. You must have internet access to use it but it's silly not to have internet in this business. You log into their system and you can pull data on any location in the country that you want. It will give you the 1, 7 and 30 day load numbers for that location. It will show units empty and available and also units under load. It can't tell you what your board position after POD will be since it can't know how many loads will go out or trucks will come in before then but it does give a good picture of what's currently going on there.

Panther's online system is good but is limited to 300 miles from the location the truck pings on the QC. Panther couldn't very well do a national system because they have far far too many boards nationwide, a shortcoming and detriment to operators in my opinion. I am not familiar with other companies systems but would love to have access to a Landstar type system for my carrier.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Landstar has by far the best system I've seen. You must have internet access to use it but it's silly not to have internet in this business. You log into their system and you can pull data on any location in the country that you want. It will give you the 1, 7 and 30 day load numbers for that location. It will show units empty and available and also units under load. It can't tell you what your board position after POD will be since it can't know how many loads will go out or trucks will come in before then but it does give a good picture of what's currently going on there.

Panther's online system is good but is limited to 300 miles from the location the truck pings on the QC. Panther couldn't very well do a national system because they have far far too many boards nationwide, a shortcoming and detriment to operators in my opinion. I am not familiar with other companies systems but would love to have access to a Landstar type system for my carrier.

I agree that Landstar is a very good system. I had one of their drivers who couldn't get on line. He gave me his info and I logged on for him. That was a good setup. He could even see loads not covered and bid on them. Show type of equipment needed, weight, number of skids, Pick up and drop locations. Other info you pointed out.