Who hates their Honda generator?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Look at the tags on the back for each's power consumption. Add them all together in case your playing Minecraft and want to pop some popcorn. Add another 100 watts for laptop charging. Then add 10-20 for error.
THEN post all the numbers and ask for TURTLE'S advice. I mean it. His bunk must be lined with technical manuals, service bulletins, wiring schematics & cedar chips!!!!!!

These "how much power" projects can get out of hand quickly. I wanted to save $1 per cup for my road coffee. I bought.......
Mr Coffee k-cup maker.
Shelf to put it on.
PowerMate 2000 watt inverter.
Some really heavy capable cable.
100 amp inline fuse block.
Mounting screws, bolts & washers.
Adjustable bungee to hold shelf down where my right seat used to be.

And all this to run off my crank battery!!!! So after I was about $250-$275 deep..,........I came to my senses and returned everything but the $14 shelf and the $3 bungee.

You're gonna want to add a house battery. Killing your cranker playing Kirby or Skylanders would be quite embarrassing and expensive.

Oh lawd lol. Yeah you would have to drink a freaking ton of coffee to make that up. My true problem is I'm not sure where I'd put my tv/xbox/microwave in my current sprinter because it's only a 144 standard roof. Then add my twin Serta mattress my momma bought as a early Christmas present this week :) and I'm square outta room

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I took out my right side seat. It's a quick install anytime I swing thru Dayton and grab Sally. But my generator, laptop case & carry on sit right there on the floor.
I bought a $14 metal shelf with 4 drawers from Ikea that would probably serve your Xbox well. Strap the Xbox down to the too. And with the right seat out, maybe, consider mounting your tv to the front of your dash?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I took out my right side seat. It's a quick install anytime I swing thru Dayton and grab Sally. But my generator, laptop case & carry on sit right there on the floor.
I bought a $14 metal shelf with 4 drawers from Ikea that would probably serve your Xbox well. Strap the Xbox down to the too. And with the right seat out, maybe, consider mounting your tv to the front of your dash?

I'm gonna look into that. I can't mess with my dad's van I'm driving right too much because it's new with 15k miles on it. But I might be picking up a used one we found for sale and I'd certainly have no problem making that one more comfortable lol

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Sounds easy enough to wire up. Now, and I am for real on this, we need to rig up a remote choke and extented pull rope all the way into the sleeper....

I've given that considerable thought, and keep in mind that few things give me as much joy as a good rig, but it'd be tough. The choke could be done with a hood release cable. The rope would involve a pulley or two. And now the gen needs to be kept stationary in the toolbox in exactly the right position. That added stuff would be a nuisance when doing an oil change or other maintenance.

Might be a good business idea for someone though. I'll bet the market would be huge for a kit, and especially for something professionally installed.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ain't recreational driving fun, whoops, I mean expediting.......................darn it , being paid to have fun, delivery of freight is secondary, lol.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I emailed the guy from Pinellas Power Products to see if he might be selling a remote kill switch for the eu2000i and I got this response:

No I am not planning what you talk about but a remote kill can be built from a wireless doorbell kit from Lowes and they cost about 29 dollars

Now I'm in the weeds. lol

BrooklynMars

New Recruit
Driver
It's to upgrade to eu2200 new model by Honda. I had 2000 for years and never had any problem. Just got upgraded and i hope it will last for the next 5 years easy.

guido4475

Not a Member
4 years on my Honda EU3000I, and it still runs perfect. Only one carb replacement, and a few spark plugs, NGK. Oil change every Sunday. I run it a lot. I mean a lot. I figure that it has close to 30,000 hours on it. Ill get a new one in the spring. Honda corporate suggestion group number is 770-497-6400. I called them to see if th eh are going to up the wattage on tge 3000 like they did the 2000. No such luck. But they welcome customer input.

Reactions: RoadTime