Who do you use?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
A question was asked of me the other day from a lady wanting to go from a full service accounting firm to one that would help her do much of her own bookkeeping without doing her taxes at the end of the year.

They are not in the Expedite Industry and it sounded as if she had some book keeping experience. She was overwhelmed at the thought of keeping books for their team operator and she was afraid of the time commitment and how to set her books up.

The only suggestion I had for her to get started was Kevin Rutherford's Profit Gauges at

Lets Truck

Is there any other ideas of guidance on how to get away from a full service accounting firm to keeping track of your own expenses? To me it seemed easy to her it was overwhelming and after listening to her I realized she needed a little more support then just going for it.

Reactions: Mailer

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
If they are running a business, then probably Quick books, not sure of the version they would need, then maybe a community college class. My wife is a bookkeeper and has used that for years, kind of the defacto standard although I still think the software to be a bit clunky, and sometimes frustrating due to non standard windows compliance. For personal stuff we use Microsoft My Money, but it is no longer made or supported.

Shelby