Who besides ThermoKing installs cab heaters?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Espar of Michigan installs Espars from Germany. Any truck shop should be able to install a cab heater.

Reactions: SoG

guido4475

Not a Member
They are actually pretty easy to install. The worst part of the install is dropping the tank if you do not have a Ford or a Dodge. My freind and I installed mine in the driveway while it was 7 degrees out 7 years ago.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I just installed mine myself. Doesn't work. Something is wrong with getting the fuel in from an additional gas tank that I installed. If I bring a small cup of diesel and just put the lower end of the fuelpump in it, it works fine. When I hook up the hose that runs into the gas tank there is I guess to much air bubbles and it doesn't work. So tired of messing with it!!!!!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just installed mine myself. Doesn't work. Something is wrong with getting the fuel in from an additional gas tank that I installed. If I bring a small cup of diesel and just put the lower end of the fuelpump in it, it works fine. When I hook up the hose that runs into the gas tank there is I guess to much air bubbles and it doesn't work. So tired of messing with it!!!!!
$50. Cash today ... i have a friend that needs 1 .... and i will remedy the problem myself ...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How full is your tank? Usually will not work if1/4 tank or less.

Reactions: guido4475

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have to do

1 - run it in "prime mode"
2 - angle the pump

Youtube. Most common mistake is hooking pump up backwards, not u if it works otherwise, so prime it

Lots of pdfs for "angle" of pump, I can't remember but I think 45 degrees...

The ¼ tank thing is for your main tank, so the van doesn't run out of fuel, not auxiliary

Reactions: ntimevan

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine is angle at 45 degrees, for the espar. Can you hear the fuel pump, pumping. Or put your hand on it and you will feel it. Possibly a bad pump?

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Thanks for replies. It's all good and working now! Another question though, it's set to Celsuis and I can't seam to get it to Farenheit.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for replies. It's all good and working now! Another question though, it's set to Celsuis and I can't seam to get it to Farenheit.
If it’s a Chinese heater they don’t have a fahrenheit reading. Pump pressure or Celsius.