POLL Who Are You Voting For in the Presidential Election?

Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton (Democratic Party)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donald Trump (Republican Party)

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Jill Stein (Green Party)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Who you are voting for and who you think will win may be very different. In this poll you can choose who you will be voting for (or who you have already voted for). This is a private poll where no names will be shown. You may change your vote up until the poll closes.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Usually when I find neither major party candidate appealing, I vote 3rd party. Yeah, I know its a wasted vote.;) But 2016 is different. The Republican candidate is feared and vilified by the Democrats and the media but more importantly he is feared and vilified by many in his own party. Trump is like a 3rd party candidate with an "R" by his name. I will be voting for Trump.

Reactions: muttly

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Usually when I find neither major party candidate appealing, I vote 3rd party. Yeah, I know its a wasted vote.;) But 2016 is different. The Republican candidate is feared and vilified by the Democrats and the media but more importantly he is feared and vilified by many in his own party. Trump is like a 3rd party candidate with an "R" by his name. I will be voting for Trump.
Your point about Mr. Trump being feared by the Republican party is why I would vote for Mr. Trump .

Reactions: muttly and Moot

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I say it's time to alow a few more parties into our election system we have went to a far left or far right system both parties ran by big money and no matter who wins they win I say stop them create a fair tax system one that that doesn't involve smoke and mirrors.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Change up your vote that sounds like a Democrat
Early voting, without an excuse, is primarily a Democrat thing. I'm not a big fan of early voting, but in the 7 states that allow you to change your early vote, the ability to do so was put in place by Republican legislators.

Early voting originated during the Civil War when Lincoln wanted to ensure that he got the votes of the soldiers who were serving away from home. And up until the late 1970s this type of absentee voting with an excuse was the norm, and it made perfect sense. Then in the late 70s California instituted the first non-excuse early voting after they found that many people were just lying about being out of their county on election day. They either had a long commute to the polling place or it was otherwise simply inconvenient.

In the 1980s Texas did the same thing for convenience purposes. In 2000, Oregon became the first all vote-by-mail state after a citizens initiative voted 70% in favor of it. Washington did the same in 2011 and Colorado did in 2013.

After the "hanging chads" extravaganza in Florida in 2000, a wave of states started adopting early voting because they were worried election officials were too rushed on Election Day and reasoned it would reduce the pressures on election officials on Election Day, and this would reduce the likelihood of long lines or polling place problems.

Well, OK, fine. Reduce problems, increase convenience, I get it. This year 38 states (including the non -state of D. C.) allow no-excuse early voting. Of those, 7 allow you to change your early vote. In most of those simply voting (again) on election day will void your early vote.

But early no-excuse voting has quickly gotten out of control. A week or 10 days, two weeks tops, seems be more than sufficient to satisfy any convenience issues, including those poor, poor poor people who just can't seem to figure out how to register to vote and then show up to vote. But in some states you can vote as early as 45 days before election day.

I figure before too long will just be able to vote by text message on the day after the Democratic National Convention. <snort>

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Change up your vote that sounds like a Democrat
Early voting, without an excuse, is primarily a Democrat thing. I'm not a big fan of early voting, but in the 7 states that allow you to change your early vote, the ability to do so was put in place by Republican legislators.

Early voting originated during the Civil War when Lincoln wanted to ensure that he got the votes of the soldiers who were serving away from home. And up until the late 1970s this type of absentee voting with an excuse was the norm, and it made perfect sense. Then in the late 70s California instituted the first non-excuse early voting after they found that many people were just lying about being out of their county on election day. They either had a long commute to the polling place or it was otherwise simply inconvenient.

In the 1980s Texas did the same thing for convenience purposes. In 2000, Oregon became the first all vote-by-mail state after a citizens initiative voted 70% in favor of it. Washington did the same in 2011 and Colorado did in 2013.

After the "hanging chads" extravaganza in Florida in 2000, a wave of states started adopting early voting because they were worried election officials were too rushed on Election Day and reasoned it would reduce the pressures on election officials on Election Day, and this would reduce the likelihood of long lines or polling place problems.

Well, OK, fine. Reduce problems, increase convenience, I get it. This year 38 states (including the non -state of D. C.) allow no-excuse early voting. Of those, 7 allow you to change your early vote. In most of those simply voting (again) on election day will void your early vote.

But early no-excuse voting has quickly gotten out of control. A week or 10 days, two weeks tops, seems be more than sufficient to satisfy any convenience issues, including those poor, poor poor people who just can't seem to figure out how to register to vote and then show up to vote. But in some states you can vote as early as 45 days before election day.

I figure before too long will just be able to vote by text message on the day after the Democratic National Convention. <snort>
I was just messing with you

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not really. Not the actuality of it. There's the feel good of it, which you correctly stated. Then there's the reality of it. Anything not directly voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary. That's how it works. That's how it is. If this were the primaries it would be completely different. In the general, there are 2 outcomes no matter how many choices are given. Multiple choices don't make multiple outcomes. The multiple choices available in this poll result in one of two outcomes. I pointed out the current status of the outcomes while you commented on the choices.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Yes and no maybe a votE for Gary will equal a vote for Trump if I had my way I would disqualify Hillary and Trump

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anything not directly voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary.
Except in this election, most of Johnson's votes are coming directly from Hillary voters. You can see that when comparing head-to-head Trump-Clinton polling versus 4-person race polling. Basically, if you want Trump to win, you want Johnson to get a many votes as possible from those disgruntled Bernie supporters who would otherwise vote for the Democrat.

Reactions: RoadTime

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only thing certain is a vote for Johnson is not a vote for Trump. And the same disastrous outcome for the nation if she wins.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We can only hope all the Sanders voters are mad enough and smart enough to vote for anyone but Hillary.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anything not directly voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary.
Except in this election, most of Johnson's votes are coming directly from Hillary voters. You can see that when comparing head-to-head Trump-Clinton polling versus 4-person race polling. Basically, if you want Trump to win, you want Johnson to get a many votes as possible from those disgruntled Bernie supporters who would otherwise vote for the Democrat.
Like I've said before, I know of many many staunch Democrats that can not support Hillary and are seriously considering Johnson.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We can only hope all the Sanders voters are mad enough and smart enough to vote for anyone but Hillary.
Well, they're certainly mad enough. The other thing, I'm not too sure about. :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree! Many years I have requested and received an absentee ballot from Minnesota. I believe I had to state a reason for the request. I used my job as a reason but I don't think it really mattered. Last year we moved and didn't get registered immediately. Anyway, I got home last night and will be OOS until after I vote sometime Tuesday morning.

Or the day before.