White glove equipment

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Thinking about going wg. I have a dry box. Can anyone tell me what all equipment I will need. And how many? Thanks much... Dennis

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
First thing is no kitty, and you at least need a liftgate.

'Going' White Glove? Unless you're moving into another fleet owner's truck that already has a slot, or you're buying a truck that has a slot going with it, you're going on "the list".

Call your CC. They will give you the list of what equipment needs to be in/on that vehicle.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Denny, ask you recruiter for a list of White Glove equipment. Pets are not allowed in WG trucks.

Without checking, I think a "D" is required to have a pallet jack, tripod dolly, 24 furniture pads, 12 straps and 6 load bars. I think a lift gate is required, also.

I know there are other requirements, but can't think of them right now.

Good luck!

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Ok..about kitty thought it was a saying. He have no pets in truck now a days. And already have most glove equipment. Except for lift gate. But thank u for the comments.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Ok..about kitty thought it was a saying. He have no pets in truck now a days. And already have most glove equipment. Except for lift gate. But thank u for the comments.

But do you have a WG slot? as was mentioned earlier if you do not have a slot due to buying a truck that is already in the WG fleet, then you are put on the waiting list.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Owner has slot for wg..old truck retired, going to update my truck for it..and this trick has much of the equipment needed.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Not having a lift gate I think would be a problem. Can you let us know if you can get into WG without the lift gate?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The first truck I drove here was advertised by owner as W/G but it was "flagged" W/G equipped w/o a liftgate. BIG DIFFERANCE. Get a liftgate,and if possible, try not to skimp on it. You'll regret it every time you use it. My question is,What weight capacity would you old timers reccomend ?

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
The first truck I drove here was advertised by owner as W/G but it was "flagged" W/G equipped w/o a liftgate. BIG DIFFERANCE. Get a liftgate,and if possible, try not to skimp on it. You'll regret it every time you use it. My question is,What weight capacity would you old timers reccomend ?

Our liftgate is rated at 2500#. I was commenting just the other day that if I was starting over setting up a truck with what I know now, I'd specify at least 4000# capacity. Too often a quick glance at the pieces and weight makes it appear that my present LG would be overly stressed especially with a pallet jack and close to 300# of me riding the deck at the same time.

Good luck.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
We got our inventory list and requirements from another W/G team who was very helpful in giving us more info as well as the requirements. Fortunately, all the required equipment was on the truck we are in. If you see a W/G truck you could ask them, I haven't met another W/G team who wasn't more than willing to answer questions that we have had.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
This might give you a "visual" as to how much room WG equipment takes up in the truck. Our box is 22' long, and we have store everything in the front 2', leaving 20' available freight. We have never hauled a load (yet) that required us to use the entire 20' of space. If needed, we could easily re-arrange the cart and pallet jack to free up the space.

We store our furniture pads (24) on one of our 2 furniture dollies (Thanks to Phil Madsen for that great idea!) We use a couple of bungee cords across the top to keep them in place.

The two black storage containers hold our straps and corner protectors, as well as some bubble wrap and shrink wrap. Picked them up at Lowe's. The smaller black box contains rubber bands for the pads and some smaller straps and bungee cords.

The red tripod dolly came with the truck. We purchased the aluminum one ourselves. It weighs less, and also can be used as a tripod dolly, and it lets down and can be used as a cart. (Also from Lowe's) We secure them using several heavy-duty bungee cords. The pallet jack came with the truck. I modified a strap, replacing the normal 3' fixed length end with a shorter 6" one. This saves space when strapping the pallet jack to the side of the box.

Hard to tell from the photo, but we carry 10 load bars, and also 24 e-track straps in various lengths. Also we have 4 - 4' x 4' sheets of 3/4" plywood in the front. This can be used as decking or to roll carts over gravel or to protect floors. The ladder is not required, but you never know when you are going to have to have it to replace a light on the box. We also carry two brooms to sweep out the box, a regular as well as a push broom.

jimby82-albums-our-truck-picture1044-back-truck.jpg

jimby82-albums-our-truck-picture1047-boxes-tripod-dolly.jpg

jimby82-albums-our-truck-picture1046-cart.jpg

jimby82-albums-our-truck-picture1045-equipment.jpg

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Thanks!

This is Back of Truck Version 3.0! lol. It took awhile to figure out that the things we used the most should be the easiest to get to. Well Duh!

We are hauling more WG loads now than when we started out. For the first month or so, about all we hauled was surface freight, so we really only needed a few straps and occasionally the pallet jack.

We seem to be getting many more WG loads now, and have been busy with several inside pick-up loads recently. Moving the cart so it is easier to get to made sense.

Some things only come with experience :D

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We Hung a basket near the door to hold straps, bands, flashlight and will of clear tape.