Which Way Now?

TruckinBabe

Expert Expediter
Which way is the best way to go from here. I have been driving OTR, solo, combination truck for about 4 years. I have gotten a fantastic offer from my best friend to drive team, he just also happens to be my husband, but that is secondary to the fact that we are still best friends. He doesn't have his cdl's but that isn't a problem because the company I work for now offers spouse training and I have already lined up his trainer (NOT ME!). But once all that stuff is out of the way we have decided to get into expedited freight. I drive a Classic XL now and I really don't want to give up any interior space especially if I am going to drive team. So would we be better off trying to finance a rig on our own and having the frame extended and a box put on it or should we look into a truck that is made for expediting? Or... should we look into financing through whatever company we decide to drive for and maybe settling for something we don't want? I am really hating the idea of dealing with recruiters again but I know that cannot be avoided since I will be forced to change companies if I ever hope to be an o/o so maybe some of you recruiters can help me with one thing that always throws a road block into me signing on with anyone... I live in Northern Michigan about 30 miles east of Cadillac, MI. Do expediting companies have restrictions on hiring areas when it comes to O/O? I have talked to drivers from Tri State, Fed Ex, and Panther, and I really don't see much difference in any of them. Oh well I guess this is enough for starters.
:)