Which company should I go with??

TimTurtle

Expert Expediter
I am considering changing companies. I work for a small local company now. I was with with Panther for about several years,and was unhappy with sitting, so I found a local job.
I'm now ready to stretch my legs again. What company would be the best for a single driver, of a D unit, to sign on with. I live in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area.

Thanks for your thoughts and time.

God Bless!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If I was looking for an expediting company to go to work for, this site would be the last place I would publicize it. Only you can decide who you want to work for. I don't think anyone on this site can give you that info.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Tim what happens is that a lot of complaining goes on about various companies that contractors are leased on to,some of it is justified and some not. People that are doing well tend to keep quiet as they do not want to kill the good bucks by telling about it. What will happen is that disgruntled drivers will want to find out what company they are with and then load it up with too many drivers.
Running out of Pitssburh as a solo D unit I think any of the major companies would keep you fairly busy.Fedex CC,Tri State,Panther CTX just to name a few all have plenty of work in the PA,OH,IN, IL NY and Ontario areas. I have been with FDX CC for almost 15 years and while I do my share of complainoing I think they are the best out there,but a long time Tri State driver may tell you the same. Good Luck

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Tim,

Thanks for your participation!

I think what Tony was saying is, asking what company drivers like is like asking "what is your favorite color". It comes down to matter of taste and tolerance! ;-)

A better way for you to get help here is for us to get a better idea of you and what requirements you have.

For example, if you live in Minnesota - one carrier might be a real bad idea for you. On the other had there are a few carriers who do a great deal of business out of Minnesota.

So tell us little about what you want, what you expect and what you are willing to invest.

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.com