Which carriers are the best to sign on with?

mforrester62

New Recruit
Driver
We have been talking to several of the carriers and even Expediter Services.

We are trying to put together information in our research about the carriers that are the best to work for. Pay is not all we are concerned with at this time (although it is important) as we will be new to expediting and understand there is always a newbie attitude in any business and paying your dues as the new guy will be expected and there is also the learning curve.

Always, in business, any type of business, when you are new to it, you will be tried & tested and even looked over at times, but, we would love to hear opinions from you guys that know the industry and the carriers that will treat the new guy, as well as all others.

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Many will say theirs is the best, some will say not so good. Not a good time to be getting into this arena no matter what your expectations of it are...
but having said that, go to the source and ask on person: a truck stop where expeditors sit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
We have been talking to several of the carriers and even Expediter Services.

We are trying to put together information in our research about the carriers that are the best to work for. Pay is not all we are concerned with at this time (although it is important) as we will be new to expediting and understand there is always a newbie attitude in any business and paying your dues as the new guy will be expected and there is also the learning curve.

Always, in business, any type of business, when you are new to it, you will be tried & tested and even looked over at times, but, we would love to hear opinions from you guys that know the industry and the carriers that will treat the new guy, as well as all others.
Hang out and wait til the end of July and go to the expo show in Lexington KY.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A carrier that will let you freeze your contract from Jan 1st to April 1st and not have to pay fees while you take up local work. Innovation has it hit the shipping industry yet let me see if I can pull up a few more good ideas. ;)

Reactions: mforrester62

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
what city do you live in, that is important as some routes would go by home

Reactions: mforrester62

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is it not a good time to get into it?

Good point! If you have everything set up and ready, git going, anytime is a good time.

You can also stay at home and wait for the calls there.

This is a typical time of year the expediter herds tend to relocate to home, Lol..

Darn! I'm so animal....Lol...

Reactions: scottm4211

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
also while you are waiting for your next load you should have something you are able to do on side
when I ran road when I was with Roberts Express/Fedex cc, I had a few side lines, sold Mary Kay, lap tops, new used trucks, genset 's for proheat ,Mason shoes, and a few other things
there was one driver who drew pictures of truck's for people, plus did art work for books, did cartoon's for newspaper
others wrote book's and they all made money while they were waiting for next load
something to think about

Reactions: T270_Dreamin