Whether to buy non cdl or cdl boxtruck

Everworld Transport

New Recruit
Researching
Hello, Im in research mode. Ive formed my LLC and I have great credit and cash in bank. Im buying a straight truck. I have local options, Relay and Mothership. Load boards and dispatchers are the third option. I have a class A with a tanker endorsement. I could get a hazmat. After looking at the Penske used trucks.. the heavier duty cdl box trucks are cheaper and the mpg looks comparable to the under 26000 box trucks. I think ? the larger truck truck would afford more opportunities if I want to go otr. This is driving me crazy trying to figure out the way to go-- I dont see many downsides to the bigger truck but what the hell do I know? Also Ive read most box truck regional/local loads are 5k pnds and ubder .. I dont want to buy a bigger truck and pay for more insurance and quicker tire wear if Im staying 500 mile radius or under. Any feedback would be great..Thanks

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would go with a class 8 cab and chasse, or class 7. if your going to be in a truck and work all day etc. you want something that is comfortable. also rider trucks are cheaply made and not very comfortable. you want air ride seat and air ride axles and cab. fool in rider truck is not build for forklift going in and out the box. also lift gate , pallet jack. also if you buy used make sure you look at maintenance report, also is there any warranty left on unit., how many miles are there . if used look under the unit to see if there are oil leaks. also you should look at leasing a truck from dealer, they have many programs. also get nicer truck for a lower down payment. but don't lease from Ryder or Enterprise . you pay so much a mile each month plus monthly truck payment. if you lease you want unlimited mileage. at end of lease you will agree how much it will be worth. send me private email with phone number. I drove over road for 11 years and local for 14 years, trucks I have had UD1800, FL60, last one Western Star. four sprinter vans. also sale sprinter vans to