Where's those Fedex logos?

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the old days all the FedEx vans would have a big colored Fedex logo. I worked as contractor for them in the nineties and I had to have one on my truck. But in the last couple of years I've notice most just have there numbers on the side. Anyone know why?

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Two years ago when I was there with a straight truck it was an option. For those big logo I was paid $1000 per year.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In the old days all the FedEx vans would have a big colored Fedex logo. I worked as contractor for them in the nineties and I had to have one on my truck. But in the last couple of years I've notice most just have there numbers on the side. Anyone know why?
In order to get the big logos, the truck must be pristine according to FedEx specs. No unsightly blemishes (certainly not any rust spots), or bumper stickers or anything else. The truck needs to look like its owned, operated and maintained by FedEx. Otherwise, it's just the doors for you.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It seems to me that the quality of the trucks in the FedEx Custom Critical fleet declined as the pay declined. All big corporations are rightfully sensitive about their brand. Is it correct to say that as the pay declined, and as the quality of the trucks in the fleet declined, the once-mandatory truck branding became optional at this company?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
When I started with FedEx I had the big signs on my van. I don't even remember how many times I had people calling FedEx and police that there is a FedEx van parked here, blah, blah...See, overzealous people don't make a difference between FedEx custom critical and the other branches.

Anyway, the decals went off my van. Not even once did I have anybody call again. And I started to like it that way. The less stuff I have on my van now the better. Stealthy is good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had them and got the $1000 per year for them. I took it to be a refund of $19.23 per week toward what I overpaid for the Qualcomm.

Reactions: TDave

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had it twice now where somebody called the police because there was a government surveillance van in the Walmart. I think with whole geny setup, and the fact that you can see me on the computer from the front( I never put down my front curtain I like to be able to see). Granted if they'd just look a little closer they see I'm playing video gamesImageUploadedByEO Forums1450219746.948409.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've had it twice now where somebody called the police because there was a government surveillance van in the Walmart.
You should do that parked across the street from the UN building in New York, at 5AM.

Trust me on this, no one will think you're a government surveillance van. :D

Reactions: tseders93 and TDave

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nobody will have to call the police, the government will already have you surrounded and bomb sniffing dogs will have already sniffed the ass end of that cat. Then you'll be asked a few questions, and told to move.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
It seems to me that the quality of the trucks in the FedEx Custom Critical fleet declined as the pay declined. All big corporations are rightfully sensitive about their brand. Is it correct to say that as the pay declined, and as the quality of the trucks in the fleet declined, the once-mandatory truck branding became optional at this company?

I run top of the line equipment and fedex puts the logos on my trucks so it's not entirely that, but they are accepting trucks that a couple years ago would've required you to have a "business discussion" with them.