Wheres the freight?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yea freight was down this week....77 dh miles 442 DH miles on my own to get to a better area...2437 LH...I won't go into the rate, everytime I do, I get yelled at....Oh, and I also ran empty 355 miles from Nogales to El Paso to have a better chance to get loaded..So thats a total of 77 DH yrs..797 Empty move miles that I elected to do on my own dime...2437 LH Miles for a total of, 3311 miles....and I can tell you, all of those miles are paid at over a buck a mile....

So yea, the amount of freight was low (only 2 runs), but ill take it anytime....the way the week went...

Now that being said, a few weeks ago i was slow, it happens, but i have looked at my business by the week....and i am ahead of last yr at this time for money made....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Most of us are just so used to measuring the week by how many miles we ran, it's a tough habit to break.
By that standard, the load I did yesterday was a luzer: 72 dh for 51 loaded - but for the money, I'd run one [or two!] like it every blessed day. And again today: it's less than 300 miles, but it pays very well, and that works for me.
The reason it works is that when dispatch scores a high paying load, they share the wealth, where other carriers don't.
I don't pay so much attention to miles any more, and I don't freak out over a slow week, [well, not in public] because when I average the month, it looks better than I expected. Usually, lol.
;)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
You can't look at this business daily or weekly. You need to look at the bigger picture.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow, over a buck a mile. What's that like? How'd ya like a load deadheading 325 from El Paso to Nogales going 2100 loaded that pays $1470?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No, thats not a load, thats total milage for the week!

That is the load coming north. How about the load from Ohio to the yard and the load from Michigan down to TN before you picked that load up? Now you did have two loads that dry ran but I think that they got you a some money. Weren't we down for a day for repairs in the middle of the week as well..... fair and balanced.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I said over a buck a mile as to not put "THE" number out there because you all have a fit when i do...If what to know, the el paso to Nogales was well over $2 buck a mile and that is still just keeping the total paid to the trcuk out of it becuase, as i said, you all have a fit....

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
that is the load coming north. How about the load from ohio to the yard and the load from michigan down to tn before you picked that load up? Now you did have two loads that dry ran but i think that they got you a some money. Weren't we down for a day for repairs in the middle of the week as well..... Fair and balanced.

amazing!!!!!!!

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After the Season Premiere of "Where's the Freight" is the Season Premiere of "Burned and Exposed" lol...

Sent from my Phone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
After the Season Premiere of "Where's the Freight" is the Season Premiere of "Burned and Exposed" lol...

That was brutal, dude!...lol...

Although my miles are down, my pay is way up.So, I am not complaining one bit.Bring it on.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned a good week, first time since July that I actually felt that things had picked up, (i might of said that already, pretty tired lol). I just hope I was not just lucky. Now if i can get back to the yard and get my scanner and QC working right, I'd be really happy haha. Tired of faxing my BOL :rolleyes:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

He knows when you've been sleeping....He knows when your awake.

He knows when you've been bad or good....He knows when you've been hauling freight! :D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Turned a good week, first time since July that I actually felt that things had picked up, (i might of said that already, pretty tired lol). I just hope I was not just lucky. Now if i can get back to the yard and get my scanner and QC working right, I'd be really happy haha. Tired of faxing my BOL :rolleyes:

I gave up on mine! I head to the nearest McDonalds , Lowes, etc after del (or any free Wifi) hook my scanner up to the laptop, and submit it thru Fleetvision "Missing Paperwork".

Dale