Where's my Dime?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
XPO Reports Fourth Quarter Revenue Growth of 27%

SAINT JOSEPH, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc. (XPO) today reported its preliminary unaudited earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2009.

In the fourth quarter, preliminary revenue from continuing operations increased by 27% to $31.6 million compared to $25.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2008. The acquisition of LRG International, Inc. on October 1, 2009 contributed $1.9 million to revenue for the quarter.

During the same period, preliminary income from continuing operations improved 17% to $601,000 or $0.02 per fully diluted share compared to $514,000 or $0.02 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2008. The fourth quarter results of 2009 include a charge of $400,000 for claims expense that exceeded the Company’s insurance limit, a first time occurrence in the Company’s history.

“We continue to see the positive results of expanding our customer base and managing our cost structure. Our integration of LRG International in the fourth quarter has been smooth and positions us for continued international growth,” commented Michael R. Welch, the Company’s CEO.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
“We continue to see the positive results of expanding our customer base and managing our cost structure.

That is done by "cheating" "stealing" "raping"... oh wait I mean "streamlineing" their employees/contractors pay and benifits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "We are not asking for ANYTHING that was not told to us from recruiting and in orientation."

I can not survive on .70/mile EVEN if my miles are up when I am pushing 300k on this 2 1/2 year old van.

ITS TIME FOR THE DIME

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh..but they got you 75% more loaded miles last year...so you can make it up by driving more....:rolleyes:

work more = make the same..

If we walked in there and announced to salary staff that their pay was cut 15% BUT I would allow them to work overtime to help make it up....how would that go over....?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Oh..but they got you 75% more loaded miles last year...so you can make it up by driving more....:rolleyes:

work more = make the same..

If we walked in there and announced to salary staff that their pay was cut 15% BUT I would allow them to work overtime to help make it up....how would that go over....?

HOWEVER, I did not have 75% more loaded miles and my increase in miles I attribute to becoming a team.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like that Flattop- reason for deledtion "whats the point"

Here Ken This should splain it. FSC= put it all in a pot and spread it out. 100% FSC being paid?

Take from the earners and give it to non-earners?

Attachments

• 2irnfyv.jpg
    2irnfyv.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 67

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was talking with an E-1 Sprinter guy the other day. He is happy with the rates and the miles he is getting. He has been with E-1 6 years. He is making more money from years past. Yes he is running more miles with more exspense's.....But, he is happy.....?

Increase in Tolls

Increase in Fuel

08 Sprinter- Gonna be higher cost next year for repairs.

Increase in Food

Increase in tires

Increase in Oil

The list goes on....

With lower revenue coming in we have to really look at some of our daily cost for items. Should we really start spliting hotdogs to keep our cost on food down?

Feb. 10 I started my 6th year with E-1. If I was really unhappy I would have been gone last year, almost did. But I hung tight...lol

It is time for the dime, so we can get back to a better quailty of life out here.

I have cut as much as I can to off set the lower rates. I'm not sure what else I can cut to keep going. Thanks for the good miles lately or I would really be spliting dim dogs....

I think if we just stop complaining and just keep doing our job as best we can,. things will turn our way.

I am happy with the way Express-1 is handling the market. If I was not I would have left already.

You want to make more money? ________(yes) Why don't you?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
XPO Reports Fourth Quarter Revenue Growth of 27%

SAINT JOSEPH, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Express-1 Expedited Solutions, Inc. (XPO) today reported its preliminary unaudited earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2009.

In the fourth quarter, preliminary revenue from continuing operations increased by 27% to $31.6 million compared to $25.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2008. The acquisition of LRG International, Inc. on October 1, 2009 contributed $1.9 million to revenue for the quarter.

During the same period, preliminary income from continuing operations improved 17% to $601,000 or $0.02 per fully diluted share compared to $514,000 or $0.02 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2008. The fourth quarter results of 2009 include a charge of $400,000 for claims expense that exceeded the Company’s insurance limit, a first time occurrence in the Company’s history.

“We continue to see the positive results of expanding our customer base and managing our cost structure. Our integration of LRG International in the fourth quarter has been smooth and positions us for continued international growth,” commented Michael R. Welch, the Company’s CEO.

Executives focus intently on margins for a reason -- they're the first indicator of risks to the business. ... But too great a focus on margins carries risks of its own."

--Mark W. Johnson, chairman of Innosight, writing in The Conversation blog on Harvard