Where'd everyone go?

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
Is there that much to not talk about that no one wants to post in this forum? There have been the forums for the other carriers for how long... the EO powers-that-be decide that E1 should have one, and nothing in almost a month.

Let's get takling in here... there's enough to go around at E1.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Still here just don't come onto this forum too often anymore. Since before the election its been more like a political forum than a expiditing forum and now everything (well almost everything) is doom and gloom.

Came on here about a month back and 13 out of 19 new posts had something to do with either the election or the economy.

Now don't get me wrong, those are important things, but I tend to do things that make me feel good not depressed.

I put in a post about the election being over and still it went on and on and on ........

I am also the one who tried to get some talk here for the big E but only got ovm, his wife and one other to ever put a post on here.

So if you want to talk about the big E I have a subject. Its about Macro 19 on the QC. We are the furthest behind from any other company I have talked to in this regard. We are out here virtually blind having such a limited search capabilities and yet they don't want us calling load planning to get help on where to relocate too?

The last 2 confrence calls I have put in questions both times about this and they ignore them yet we have to pay our $35 just like any other company but don't have the same capabilities.

Something is wrong with this picture. So lets discuss this problem and if enough of us call in and complain MAYBE somthing might get done.

Other then that I have no problems with the Big E.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its hard to talk to ones self....I posted a few things and some still haven't responded....Scared to give an opinion maybe? Like the RAISE issue?

So anyhows...I have been communicating with Larry L and Micheal R about mac 19....I could post the Email response I got but I'll just give a summary...

I.T. deptartment is working on a macro 19 that according to Larry will bring us up to or beyond any other carrier, It will be introduced around the end of the 1st quarter of 09.....watch for it!!!

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
OntarioVanMan I hope you are right regarding Macro 19. It will be very much welcomed. Anything to help with planning our business strategies better.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I hope you are are right. HOWEVER, why ignore it then? IF they are working on something then why not say so? I am sure I am not the only one who put a question in concerning macro-19.

I have myself called Michael R. and always gotten her voicemail and I would leave a message and in that message I would express my concern about macro-19 and do you think I would get a returned call? NOPE I have done it a minimum of 3 times and she is supposed to be incharge of driver relations???

Never thought of contacting Larry. I have called him once, about a different matter, and he returned my call the same day.

Just hope its not a scam to get you off their backs OVM.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you are are right. HOWEVER, why ignore it then? IF they are working on something then why not say so? I am sure I am not the only one who put a question in concerning macro-19.

I have myself called Michael R. and always gotten her voicemail and I would leave a message and in that message I would express my concern about macro-19 and do you think I would get a returned call? NOPE I have done it a minimum of 3 times and she is supposed to be incharge of driver relations???

Never thought of contacting Larry. I have called him once, about a different matter, and he returned my call the same day.

Just hope its not a scam to get you off their backs OVM.

"Larry Larson" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected], "VP.Questions" <[email protected]>
Thanks for the question Ken and Judy.
I was just speaking with our IT department yesterday about the status of
the new positioning program we have been working on for the past six
months or so and the update was quite promising. Work is proceeding
nicely and the IT department is very excited about the product they are
preparing to present. If it delivers as promised it will incorporate
many of the items you address; giving options for repositioning based
upon current saturation of the fleet, deadhead pay and filling gaps in
coverage. We are getting closer to a finished product, but we knew when
we undertook this project it wouldn't be something that happened
overnight, my best guess for completion would be the later part of the
1st quarter of 2009, until that time we will have to depend on the
information garnered from speaking with the load planning staff as we
have in the past. A big part of their job is to help the VP's by
providing the information they need to make good business decisions.
We'll keep you posted as to our progress as we get closer to having a
finished product.

Larry Larson

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:07 AM
To: VP.Questions
Subject: Macro-19

HI...It's Ken and Judy Amor here...Sprinter# 1585

Well How's it going with a NEW Macro 19?...With the projected
slowdown in 2009 it's imperative to know where to go and where units
are...The DH is critical. How about access of some kind to the customers
page to see what they see? The phone calls to the load planners would