Where would you live?

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
If you had your 'druthers, and could relocate your household...where would it be? I'm talking about living near where the freight is or at least near a sweet freight lane.
We are realatively new to FedEx but have been expediting for 4 years.
We know where the "hot" areas where for Panther, but haven't found in any consistent area for the Fed. Yes, I know its "up in the air" with freight now more than ever. If you could "just up and move", where would it be and why?
Just thinking out loud...
Thanks,

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you had your 'druthers, and could relocate your household...where would it be? I talking about living near where the freight is or at least near a sweet freight lane.
We are realatively new to FedEx but have ben expediting for 4 years.
We know where the "hot" areas where for Panther, but haven't found in any consistent area for the Fed. Yes, I know its "up in the air" with freight now more than ever. If you could "just up and move", where would it be and why?
Just thinking out loud...
Thanks,

Maybe somewhere near Chicago/Gary/Ft. Wayne. I would look in extreme SW. Michigan or NW Indiana. If I did not have to work I would be looking a NE Montana or maybe the Dakotas.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
If I didn't have to work I'd live in/near Ashville - Smoky Mountains. Or Flagstaff. I like the seasons. A little snow is OK.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ashville would be an awesome place to live and would work for freight but Flagstaff I think might be a little tougher.

We thought that living in Saint Louis would be great for getting home and getting out. While we normally get out of Saint Louis very easy we sometimes have a hard time getting home. I think to be in an optimal situation we would need to be a little further east while staying on I70.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For freight, I dunno maybe near Cincinnati? If I had to stay in Canada for freight, I'd stay right here in Kitchener, close enough to most FX freight.

If I didn't have to work, Bristol TN. I just like it there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For freight, I dunno maybe near Cincinnati? If I had to stay in Canada for freight, I'd stay right here in Kitchener, close enough to most FX freight.

If I didn't have to work, Bristol TN. I just like it there.

My ultimate dream place to live would be Kodiak Island or one of the islands around Katchikan.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Ashville would be an awesome place to live and would work for freight but Flagstaff I think might be a little tougher.

We thought that living in Saint Louis would be great for getting home and getting out. While we normally get out of Saint Louis very easy we sometimes have a hard time getting home. I think to be in an optimal situation we would need to be a little further east while staying on I70.
I-70 is a bit north for us. Live by Lake Erie and and tired of the winters. Love Autumn, love the snow...but the snow "gets old".
I thought about Chatanooga...only because the VRU Lady says it so weird....Cha-ah-NOO-ga.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I like the mountains, so, my place would be in either Tennessee (Chattanooga), North Carolina (Asheville), Virginia (south) or West Virginia. But, for now, I stick with HotLanta. Man it is hot today.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like the mountains, so, my place would be in either Tennessee (Chattanooga), North Carolina (Asheville), Virginia (south) or West Virginia. But, for now, I stick with HotLanta. Man it is hot today.

Too hot there for me. If I were looking for mouains I would look in Montana or Idaho.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Depends on size of truck,and how busy you need to be.
Atlanta,Ellk Grove Village,Ft Worth,Trenton,or Fontana,you will always get load oportunities.
Myself,after I win the Mega Millions,I'm moving to
Lake Norman,Nc

Last edited:

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Depends on size of truck,and how busy you need to be.
Atlanta,Ellk Grove Village,Ft Worth,Trenton,or Fontana,you will always get load oportunities.
Myself,after I win the Mega Millions,I'm moving to
Lake Norman,Nc

DR unit with all they toys, plus DOD. Busy is good, back-to-backs for a few runs is OK. Crazy busy ain't fun. HATE sitting, even 24 hrs seems "f-o-r-e-v-e-r", LOL

aileron

Expert Expediter
DR unit with all they toys, plus DOD. Busy is good, back-to-backs for a few runs is OK. Crazy busy ain't fun. HATE sitting, even 24 hrs seems "f-o-r-e-v-e-r", LOL

Haha, I would be h-a-p-p-y if I were waiting only 24hrs between loads.:D

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Haha, I would be h-a-p-p-y if I were waiting only 24hrs between loads.:D

We actually wait longer - especially if we reject those "wonderful" pre-dispatched" loads they shove off on Fridays and Saturdays. You know, the ones that sound soooo tempting to take because you fear the next one might be worse and you might be stuck till Tuesday...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We actually wait longer - especially if we reject those "wonderful" pre-dispatched" loads they shove off on Fridays and Saturdays. You know, the ones that sound soooo tempting to take because you fear the next one might be worse and you might be stuck till Tuesday...

We often take those Friday pre-dispatch loads. It seems lately then when we did NOT take one we DID sit until Tuesday and even Wed once. :eek:

aileron

Expert Expediter
We often take those Friday pre-dispatch loads. It seems lately then when we did NOT take one we DID sit until Tuesday and even Wed once. :eek:

Only once I got a predispatched load, and that was more than a year ago. Does this happen mostly on bigger trucks, or the lowly van gets them too, just that my luck is not there? :D