Cargo Van Where to get Fan-Tasti fan in on a Chevy/GMC cargo van

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today I stopped at a couple RV dealer/service centers to get a Fan-Tastic, or similar, installed on my Chevy Express Van. Both said they could not install one on my ribbed top van. I know you can, as we have a tutorial on EO if you want to do it yourself, I don't.
Any suggestions on a Monroe, MI area installer, or national chain, that install these on Chevy vans, preferably at a reasonable rate.

Thank in advance for any suggestions.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Camping World sells and installs (unless they take issue with the ribs also), but not a reasonable rate IMO.
I did my own after getting a quote :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Call Brian Verner in New Boston a call at 734-735-6971. He's at Sibley and I-275.

Tell him Turtle sent ya. He'll give you a good deal.

Or charge you double.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always cut a hole in the small door by my bunk, or in the window frame if it had one. Probably not good if you sleep on the floor

Make sure the hinge is on the top unless you want free showers

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Call Brian Verner in New Boston a call at 734-735-6971. He's at Sibley and I-275.

Tell him Turtle sent ya. He'll give you a good deal.

Or charge you double.

Thanks Turtle, I got an appointment Friday morning with Brian to get my vent installed. Sounds like a pretty knowledgeable guy.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it's very knowledgeable. He's probably best known around here for his Espar installs, since he's partnered with Espar of Michigan to do installs and repairs. But he's a highly experienced car and diesel mechanic. He can install a house battery bank, inverters, whatever an expediter might need.

Reactions: RoadTime

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For anyone looking in the future I got mine put in at Sportsmobile in Austin, Texas on a Chevy G3500. They have a couple of other locations, one in CA and one in IN. They do all kinds of van customization. They put in the fan with the wind/rain deflector so it could be open in the rain or while driving. It worked great and never leaked a drop no matter what.

Reactions: Turtle

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, it's very knowledgeable. He's probably best known around here for his Espar installs, since he's partnered with Espar of Michigan to do installs and repairs. But he's a highly experienced car and diesel mechanic. He can install a house battery bank, inverters, whatever an expediter might need.

So, thanks again Turtle. I got my vent installed yesterday by Brian Verner at VTS. He did a great job!