Where to Get Annual DOT Inspection?

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
Hi,

Is there a list as to where to get an annual DOT vehicle inspection? I'm looking for one in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. I called a few places and none offer it.

I have the "ABS" light coming on, meaning my right front anti-lock brake system is screwy. Should I get this fixed first before I have the DOT inspection done? Thanks, never had one done before.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Check with the company you signed with they may have a list for you . and yes get repair before you get inspected

brycey2010

Seasoned Expediter
Careful!!!
I had a DOT inspection done on my van the day of purchase, when i checked the van over after the inspection, i found, 2 rear balding tires, no headlights working, window washers not working, no horn, you can imagine what i said to the inspector, this was done at a large chain service place independent of the dealer i purchased the van from, it also meant i had to stay overnight while my van was fixed, at the dealers expense of course, so please always check you vehicle before and after the DOT inspection.

Phoenix4774

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the replies. I called every Chevy dealer around here and none offer inspections. I guess I'll have to call my carrier about it.