WHERE IS EVERYONE???

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
JUST CURIOUS WHERE EVERYONE IS THESE DAYS??? THIS SITE DON'T HAVE HALF THE POSTS IT USED TO HAVE. ALL I READ ABOUT IS HOW EVERYONE IS SITTING. WELL IF EVERYONE IS SITTING, MIGHT AS WELL PLAY ON THE OLD LAPTOP. HELPS TO PASS THE TIME. I'M SITTING IN GOOD OLE LAREDO. NOT GETTING RICH SO FAR THIS YEAR. BUT GETTING BY. NOT BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN GETTING FREIGHT. HAD A FEW SET BACKS. HAD TO DO A IN-FRAME OVERHAUL IN JAN. CO-DRIVER GOT IN A AUTO ACCIDENT IN FEB. BUT CATCHING BACK UP. FOR EVERYONE THAT'S SITTING IF YOUR COMPANY WILL LET YOU HAUL BROKERED LOADS. CHECK OUT WWW.GETLOADED.COM ALOT OF LTL FREIGHT ON THAT LOAD BOARD. NOT ALL OF IT PAYS A HIGH DOLLAR. BUT ITS A ALTERNATIVE TO DEADHEADING,TO GET TO A DECENT AREA. SO HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE MAKING OUT THUS FAR THIS YEAR??? GOING BROKE??? GETTING RICH??? UNHAPPY W/ YOUR COMPANY??? REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wondering,can u elaborate on the In frame overhaul.What type of engine,how many miles on the engine,what did they do,and How much did it cost.Thinking of getting one done to my Cummins c seies..Thanks

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Going broke myself. Had to shut it down and will be turning in the truck soon. The last month just wiped me out and don't plan on morgaging my home to keep afloat. To risky. Plan on going back to tractor trailor as a company driver. From talking to others while on the road, sounds like alot will be doing the same as me due to not enough freight. Talked to a panther team last week and they haven't had a run in almost 2 weeks. Pathetic. Hope everyone well out there and hope it picks up for you.
Good luck.
Randy:-(

Falconlady13

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We drive for a wonderful o/o but we can no longer continue out here on the road for FedExCC.So we are hanging it up but want to tell everyone that we have enjoyed the information and comments that we have found here.I wish for a bright future in expediting for all of you.After 3 years,its only got worse and I can't see it getting much better.Just too many trucks and not enough decent paying loads..have gotten nothing but small runs and then we sit..and sit...and sit.
The best of luck to you all,and will continue to check in here from time to time and hoping things are better.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RICH, SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO REPLY. HAVEN'T BEEN ON LINE FOR AWHILE. BUT ANYWAY THE ENGINE WAS SERIES 60 DETROIT 500HP. WITH 328K ON IT. I BOUGHT THE TRUCK WITH 100K ON IT. I THINK WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE PRIOR OWNER NEVER HAD THE VALVES ADJUSTED IN COMBINATION WITH A UPPER CYLINDER LUBRICATION PROBLEM. THEY REPLACED THE HEAD,ALL THE PISTONS AND LINERS,INSTALLED A NEWER STYLE ROD THAT IS DRILLED THAT DELIVERS MORE OIL TO THE TOP END. ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS,NEW CAM AND CAM BEARINGS,SIX NEW INJECTORS AND A TURBO. FORTUNATELY IT WAS ALL COVERED UNDER WARRANTY EXCEPT FOR THE TURBO. I PAID FOR THAT MYSELF AND SOME OVERTIME LABOR THAT DETROIT WOULD NOT COVER. BUT I NEW FROM THE BEGINNING THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR OVERTIME. I JUST WANTED MY TRUCK BACK AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. IT ENDED UP COSTING ME $1600. WARRANTY PAID THE REST. I WAS REALLY LUCKY. I BASICALLY GOT A FREE OVERHAUL. AND KNOW FOR CERTAIN NOW WHAT I GOT. I CAN'T STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF GETTING THE VALVES ADJUSTED. I HAD IT DONE AFTER I FIRST GOT THE TRUCK. BUT EVIDENTLY THE 1ST OWNER NEVER DID. THE INTAKE VALVES GET TIGHT. AND IF YOU DON'T GET IT DONE. IT WILL EVENTUALLY POUND IN ALL THE VALVE SEATS. HOPE THAT SOMEWHAT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Where is everyone? Most have quit expediting in the manner in which it was done for the last decade. Many are retiries who take a load when they want to get out of the house. Some take loads in between working a part time job to make ends meet.Others have just given up. But many have found a local company that will utilize them to deliver the goods in a somewhat expedited manner.
Expediting will never be the same as it once was. For those of us stubborn enough to continue,we are keeping our heads down and powder dry! Good luck, stay the course if you can!