Where is best place to live running Expedited O-O

G

Am thinging of relocating to a better part of the country and need your advice.

Where is the best place to live to miximize freight/runs in the expediting business?

So many of my runs seem to go to/from Detriot, Atlanta, Indy, NYC/Philly area.

Looking at this from a expediting/express businss view only, where is the best place to live and maybe grow a small fleet?

Thanks!

G

My vote would be anywhere in the Buckeye or Hoosier State. People in Michigan talk funny so I wouldn't go there. (snicker,snicker)

X

G

A number of off-line respondents all gave their 2-cents worth.

Final verdict: Within 50 miles of either: cincinatti, Louisville or Indy.

Reasons given: best cross-roads of Interstates on expedited freight lanes (minimize deadhead - maximize home time).

Interesting in that all three are within 100 miles of each other!!!

Mr. M.

G

I would not have a problem with those stats....as long a I've been around, that would make a nice home base.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would have to agree I guest , as I run out of Newport
News VA and alway run out there and go home when I'm
tried of playing . Basic area I would say is I75/71/80/65
Dayton,Cinc,Toledo are all the center and close to everywhere

G

I live just outside of Detroit.. Seems to work great for me since the companies that I have been leased to deal mostly in automotive.. Just a thought.

G

That is really a good question. The short answer on where to live is in the truck. I currently live in Cleveland, and must admit that alot of trucks move in and out of here. But, come April, am moving to Knoxville. Less runs, but they seem to be longer and run at a higher tarrif. I am usually on the road Monday thru Friday. Will take a weekend load if the pay is there.
Good Luck
Bob and Hooligan