Where do you get your Truck Pipes From?

Where do Truckers get thier Truck pipes from?

• Dealer

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Online Store

• Truck Stop Shop

• Auto Store

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to know where everyone gets their truck pipes from?

Could you please help me out and let us know.

Also, Who installs them? Are you a DIY or do you have the Dealer do it for you?

Thanks,

Dan
Fort Wayne, IN

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dan,
Not to bash you but I wonder who do you represent?

You are supposed to be an OEM supplier but I have yet to find any reference to the mother company.

Tenneco?

Walker?

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
We do produce the majority of the OEM pipes that you see on the trucks.

Walker, Tenneco, Etc are all Aftermarket makers with thier own name brand pipe.

We are the original OEM maker and we have no real name representation or name brand that comes from making the pipes for the OEM. Thats why we created this new venture recently.

I can tell you that we have 3 plants in the USA, one planned for Mexico and working on one in China due to the requests from the OEM's that we have a plant in those locations.

In order for us not to screw up our agreements with the OEM's, I will not be able to disclose the exact name of our Manufacturing facility. Sorry, But I have to abide by my Non disclosure agreements we have in place with them.

Last edited:

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
Dan,
Not to bash you but I wonder who do you represent?

You are supposed to be an OEM supplier but I have yet to find any reference to the mother company.

Tenneco?

Walker?
Greg, Could you post a poll result for me please. I need someone to start it up for me.

Thanks
Dan
If you want to talk about it more in depth, I will tell you more privately.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I would but my where I get my exhaust parts isn't on the list.

We do produce the majority of the OEM pipes that you see on the trucks.

Walker, Tenneco, Etc are all Aftermarket makers with thier own name brand pipe.

So you are one of four manufacturers of exhaust parts for most of the manufacturers in the US?

Both Walker and Tenneco are OEM suppliers for the truck companies - they are on Freightliner's vendor list and one of them I used as a source for a part on a 2008 FL with an NLA pipe. Yes I could had it made but why, I got it for free. Both Walker and Tenneco have OE replacement parts and after market parts for different applications like generators to Honda to ...well ...BIG trucks like CAT.

We are the original OEM maker and we have no real name representation or name brand that comes from making the pipes for the OEM. Thats why we created this new venture recently.

That's alright, I am looking for the name of the company to see if you guys were at the show.

I can tell you that we have 3 plants in the USA, one planned for Mexico and working on one in China due to the requests from the OEM's that we have a plant in those locations.

Expansion is great but why didn't you guys pick up the pipe factory here in Detroit? American Axle has a great big plant for sale.

In order for us not to screw up our agreements with the OEM's, I will not be able to disclose the exact name of our Manufacturing facility. Sorry, But I have to abide by my Non disclosure agreements we have in place with them.

But see I know that is not how it works, if you have an NDA, then you are not a direct supplier - at least that is what my experience has been. Any company who has a portfolio of products and direct customers has always has something to boast about - especially if they are a large OEM supplier. Sorry. If you go by another moniker to sell after market, then any and all disclosures helped with sales by any assurance of quality that you are claiming as an OEM supplier. NDA's for exhaust parts seems to be a very big overkill seeing a lot of the part prints are actually there for the asking. I have sourced parts from many OEM suppliers many times (the last time was internal speedo parts) and no manufacturer kept secrets about where they got this or that part.

Not trying to beat you up but it seems with the address you gave out on your site, the claim and so on, it shouldn't be an issue to provide the info if you want to sell stuff.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I purchased our truck new in 2006 and have not needed to replace the pipes yet. We did however just replace the muffler.

truckpipes, I believe you will find my my September 1 and September 2 blog entries to be of interest. It describes the circumstances and details of the decision making process that led us to a dealer for the muffler replacement, even though the dealer price was high.

Last edited:

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree with greg334 on this one. Where we got our pipes isn't on here either. We fabricated ours, and then took them to a shop, who gave us our own part number.

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
Does this garage have benders that can do up to 7 or 8". If so, I would really like to know where they are. we have some pretty sophisticated equipment and robots that bend up to that. Not many in the USA can do that.

We are part of Global Tube Form, if you must know. Southern Tube, National Tube, Peoria Tube, and Pacific Tube.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Does this garage have benders that can do up to 7 or 8". If so, I would really like to know where they are. we have some pretty sophisticated equipment and robots that bend up to that. Not many in the USA can do that.

We are part of Global Tube Form, if you must know. Southern Tube, National Tube, Peoria Tube, and Pacific Tube.

Actually I don't need to have bent 7 or 8 inch pipe, even the heavy haul trucks I deal with don't need 7 inch pipe. I would need at most 5 but most of it is 4 inch. 4 inch isn't a problem to bend, even with tight radius especially at the price of benders today. There are a lot of companies out there that can do 7 inch pipe, there are a number who bend 12 inch pipe for the oil industry.

CNC benders are neat and lots of those around, actually not hard to make. To be exact, you want one? American Axle has a couple still shrink wrapped at their plant the last time I looked. I know they are less than two years old (that info as from the plant manager) and I watched as the riggers pulled them out and prep them for storage.

You are not the largest OEM manufacturer accroding to the SAE, they seem to know. I looked at the company's website, outside of being out of date (very), I didn't find any certs for the different industries that it covers. I thought all Aircraft parts manufacturers had to be certified for example.

Still can't find you in the SAE market directory by the way.

The reason I am writing all of this is because anyone can say those things and people will buy into it as legit. This internet thing is not all that safe, there are people who will place large order on someone's word and get ripped off because the person behind it is, well ... not legit. Saying you are one thing doesn't make it so, the address on your website points to a house, it is not just Google that it comes up in a subdivision - no one sitting in company management at a company with that much revenue is going to have a spin off start in a house, they would back their spin off with who they are, what they do and so on. Like mentioning that the holding company who owns the company also does X or Y or actually saying we make this for that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like mentioning that the holding company who owns the company also does X or Y or actually saying we make this for that.
Well, Panther makes Riddell football helmets for the NFL and Bell motorcycle helmets. Panther is also the third largest manufacturer of college and high school class rings and yearbooks. No, really. It's true.

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
Actually I don't need to have bent 7 or 8 inch pipe, even the heavy haul trucks I deal with don't need 7 inch pipe. I would need at most 5 but most of it is 4 inch. 4 inch isn't a problem to bend, even with tight radius especially at the price of benders today. There are a lot of companies out there that can do 7 inch pipe, there are a number who bend 12 inch pipe for the oil industry.

CNC benders are neat and lots of those around, actually not hard to make. To be exact, you want one? American Axle has a couple still shrink wrapped at their plant the last time I looked. I know they are less than two years old (that info as from the plant manager) and I watched as the riggers pulled them out and prep them for storage.

I will check with the partners and see if they are interested in the benders. We are so busy right now that they might need it on the floor.

You are not the largest OEM manufacturer accroding to the SAE, they seem to know. I looked at the company's website, outside of being out of date (very), I didn't find any certs for the different industries that it covers. I thought all Aircraft parts manufacturers had to be certified for example.

I never said I was the largest according the SAE. We dont list or belong to SAE. We are however registered and have the TS16929 Certification. I agree with you on the NTF being outdated, he needs to update that badly. We have made aircraft parts, whether you can find our certification online or not, the fact remains that we do it. You seem to want to pick apart each and every little word. What is it you do for a living Greg?

Still can't find you in the SAE market directory by the way.

We never applied for a listing, if it makes you feel better, we will. Are you listed there??

The reason I am writing all of this is because anyone can say those things and people will buy into it as legit. This internet thing is not all that safe, there are people who will place large order on someone's word and get ripped off because the person behind it is, well ... not legit. Saying you are one thing doesn't make it so, the address on your website points to a house, it is not just Google that it comes up in a subdivision - no one sitting in company management at a company with that much revenue is going to have a spin off start in a house, they would back their spin off with who they are, what they do and so on. Like mentioning that the holding company who owns the company also does X or Y or actually saying we make this for that.

We are who we say we are. I am just the Marketing arm for Truckpipestore.com We are ramping up our efforts everyday. Just hold on and you may see us at some larger retailers across the country soon. Gaining distribution to over 9000 Retail stores. I do work from my house, Yes I do, That cuts the overhead out and allows me to sell the Parts at a much lower price than someone that has a shop, 5 employees and lots of overhead to worry about. Our products still come from the warehouses that we own in various spots. I am the Co-Owner of this company and a partner with the Tubes. It shouldnt matter what or where I am selling the products from, should it? I am just trying to break into the aftermarket with a very high quality product at the lowest price point to attract people away from where they conventionally buy them. You must have a lot of time on your hands to be looking up where I live and searching databases for us on SAE.

You also seem like you might be one of my competitors and are scared I might take your business away. If your not, then please visit our store at www.truckpipesnow.com and buy something from me. I just put the storefront online a week ago. Still have about 100-200 hours left getting pictures loaded and descriptions entered.

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
I didnt know Panther made Yearbooks and Rings. That is very interesting. Thanks for kinda sticking up for me turtle.

Dan

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They do have paid advertising on this site. Users of the site tend to support those who support the site in that way.

Last edited:

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
They do have paid advertising on this site. Users of the site tend to support those who support the site in that way.

I am interested in buying advertising from this site. I sent in a submission form for it already. Do you know of some other places that might get more exposure to my site?? I am only getting about 40 unique visitors per day right now. 3-5 sales per day isnt enough to pay the bills yet.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dan,
The point I am trying to make is that if you want to sell something, back it up. All of the hype I read in a lot of the ads, is bullsh*t and it always seems with someone who has access to a few suppliers and has a little money can say anything they want to make it look like there is a big company behind it to make sales, proof is look at the number of companies claiming to be exclusive dealers and manufacturer of HID kits.

What I do right now is irreverent to you making any claims.

Your claims I really am not disputing as much as I am trying to draw out the information from you.

With anyone making online stores, and many buying crap and reselling it, it matters that we have some good info, don't you agree?

OH and I don't get the "we" part, if you are partner in the business, then is it in both or one?

Why don't you buy ad space, you don't have to invest in inventory.

truckpipes

Seasoned Expediter
Dan,
The point I am trying to make is that if you want to sell something, back it up. All of the hype I read in a lot of the ads, is bullsh*t and it always seems with someone who has access to a few suppliers and has a little money can say anything they want to make it look like there is a big company behind it to make sales, proof is look at the number of companies claiming to be exclusive dealers and manufacturer of HID kits.

What I do right now is irreverent to you making any claims.

Your claims I really am not disputing as much as I am trying to draw out the information from you.

With anyone making online stores, and many buying crap and reselling it, it matters that we have some good info, don't you agree?

OH and I don't get the "we" part, if you are partner in the business, then is it in both or one?

Why don't you buy ad space, you don't have to invest in inventory.

I would love to buy some ad space. Can you pass me on to the right person.

I also see what you mean about business throwing all the hype around. They are ignominious in the way they do business. not us at truckpipestore.com

Thanks for looking out..

Dan