Where are they getting this money for a recount

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
How is the Green party coming up with money for a recount?
They didn't seem to have money during the election.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They had a bunch of ppl who was not for trump donate is what the news said the other day then I got an update that Hillary Clinton's campaign team was in on it to so who knows

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From all those "reasonable" people who said how important it was to accept the results no matter what they were, back when the evil criminal was thought to be the likely winner. The ones rioting now.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I'm just wandering if any came out of the Clintons foundation and if thiers anyway to find out

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm just wandering if any came out of the Clintons foundation and if thiers anyway to find out

I am sure some has an all her bank stuff from her campaign should be online she has to show where it went

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The foundation that can pay her daughter 900,000 a year that sposta be for helping kids

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
From all those "reasonable" people who said how important it was to accept the results no matter what they were, back when the evil criminal was thought to be the likely winner. The ones rioting now.
"reasonable people" = "gullible liberals"

I think Trump is right in calling this a scam by Jill Stein. Originally, the goal for this was $2.5 million, because that's pretty much exactly what a recount in WI, MI and PA will cost. For example, in Michigan it costs $125 per precinct for a recount (unless you're within half a percent, which Stein is not, then it's like $25 per precinct), which comes to about $600,000 give or take. It's roughly the same in PA and WI, as well. So $2.5 million is about right.

The actual fees for a recount in those states are:
WI - $1.1 million
MI - $0.6 million
PA - $0.5 million
That totals $2.2 million, so a goal of $2.5 million is reasonable and accurate, and would also cover any attorney fees associated with the filings (although no attorney is needed to file for a recount).

When the $2.5 million goal was reached and surpassed, the goal was suddenly raised to $4 million, with the added information that attorney fees would be at least a million dollars.

But wait, there's more! Once that goal was reached and surpassed, she upped the goal to $7 million, adding that attorney fees are likely to be $2-3 million, and that there's the cost of doing the recount itself (never mind the fact that that cost is included in the recount fee) and the cost of paying for the statewide recount observers in all three states (which, again, is already included in the recount fees).

But, she says, if there is any money left over, especially if all 3 states do not do the recounts, "the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform."

What a load of horse hockey.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is a scam. Every other day the price goes up. When they find nothing on the first three states, look for more to be added at of course a additional cost. Have to make sure the democrats didn't count too many dead people. :rolleyes:

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
What I'm wandering is there a way to find out where this money is coming from as in whom

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What I'm wandering is there a way to find out where this money is coming from as in whom
It's campaign funds so the rules are the same as for any campaign donation, governed by the Federal Election Commission laws. So all donations are logged and are public. But it also means that, unlike a crowdfunding site like GoFundMe, people can't get their money back if they change their mind or the recounts don't happen.

If you would like to donate, or just read how the site reeks of a snake oil scam (don't forget the FAQ section), here 'tis...
Election Integrity depends on YOU!

("Election integrity experts have determined..."
what a load). Even Slate says you're a fool for giving money to Stein for this, and they list 7 reasons why you're a fool. Slate. SLATE!

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hillary wins the popular vote by over 2 million. Election results questioned by some that chastised Trump for reserving the right to accept the results. Oh how the tables have turned. Desperate times for them. Too much schadenfreude that I can't take it anymore. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do think it's interesting that there's no push for a recount in the states where Hillary won by a smaller margin that Trump won in Pennsylvania, like New Hampshire, Nevada and Minnesota. Trump won PA by 78,000 votes, but Hillary won New Hampshire by less than 3,000 votes, Minnesota by 44,000 votes, and Nevada by just 26,000 votes. that would sure seem to indicate that the motives aren't entirely, if at all, about election integrity.

Reactions: RoadTime and davekc

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Waste fraud and abuse sounds like a bean counter thing. Lawyer Engineers and Financial Engineers.
Whos paws are getting laid with green backs.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I think it's just a push because she can't belive that the blue collar worker voted in favor of a loud mouth out spoken idiot. Who didn't have backing from most of his party but he wouldn't have won if the democrats hadn't voted for him to.