Where am I?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Thought it would be a great idea to just post where you are on any given day or if layed over for a weekend.

We could be 10 miles apart for a weekend and never even know.

Fying J, Burlington NC 1/16/09

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Not too shabby for a solo.

By this time next month should be running as a team with daughter then really going to make the money :D

She wants to do it on her own eventually but wants to ride with dad for maybe a year. Told her I would give her 25% but I cover all bills. Will be a test for both her a Dad lol

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Droped about 50 miles west of Toledo...18 below! Got some sleep, moved to Franklin, Ky.. 14 above! Heat wave....8 Sprinters in Toledo, 2 CV and 3 ST... Moved blindly to Beverdam, 3 Sprinters there, kelpt moving blindly... 3 Sprinters here as well. So due to not having anything to tell me where to go- I drove 445 miles trying to find the "right spot, right time"

Harkharkhahahehe ---ch*t

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Droped about 50 miles west of Toledo...18 below! Got some sleep, moved to Franklin, Ky.. 14 above! Heat wave....8 Sprinters in Toledo, 2 CV and 3 ST... Moved blindly to Beverdam, 3 Sprinters there, kelpt moving blindly... 3 Sprinters here as well. So due to not having anything to tell me where to go- I drove 445 miles trying to find the "right spot, right time"

Harkharkhahahehe ---ch*t

Dude, NEVER move that far blindly. IF I decide to move I call, and that is a big if. Personally on a friday I would have headed home but I see your from TN. and now you are so close you might as well finish the trip and sleep in a warm bed at home for the weekend.

Being 50 miles west of Toledo I would have headed either towards Ft. Wayne, Marshall, Lansing, or the office.The Petro at exit 157 on I-69 is pretty centrally located also. Would have been much better then 445 miles on your own.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dude, NEVER move that far blindly. IF I decide to move I call, and that is a big if. Personally on a friday I would have headed home but I see your from TN. and now you are so close you might as well finish the trip and sleep in a warm bed at home for the weekend.

Being 50 miles west of Toledo I would have headed either towards Ft. Wayne, Marshall, Lansing, or the office.The Petro at exit 157 on I-69 is pretty centrally located also. Would have been much better then 445 miles on your own.

Well huh Dude,

Headed that way would put me out of range of home dude.

My point about movining blindly was a kick at mac 19.......dude

flattop40

Expert Expediter
1/19/09 13:53 est. still at the flying j in burlington NC

don't expect much with it being MLK day

crisgo

Seasoned Expediter
Not too shabby for a solo.

By this time next month should be running as a team with daughter then really going to make the money :D

She wants to do it on her own eventually but wants to ride with dad for maybe a year. Told her I would give her 25% but I cover all bills. Will be a test for both her a Dad lol

don`t expect to many miles as a team.I`m driving a sprinter as a team and we don`t get many miles.we are new to this business and maybe this is the problem for the low mileage.. we have a lot to learn....but we call every time we want to move or ask were to wait for the next load.
currently we are close to jacksonville,Fl waiting for the magic call :)
good luck to all of u!!!!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
don`t expect to many miles as a team.I`m driving a sprinter as a team and we don`t get many miles.we are new to this business and maybe this is the problem for the low mileage.. we have a lot to learn....but we call every time we want to move or ask were to wait for the next load.
currently we are close to jacksonville,Fl waiting for the magic call :)
good luck to all of u!!!!

Crisgo, glad to have you posting.

However, from everything I have ever read or heard, get out of florida. Get to atleast Atlanta or in to South Caralina. I have never been into florida but hear nothing comes out.

crisgo

Seasoned Expediter
Crisgo, glad to have you posting.

However, from everything I have ever read or heard, get out of florida. Get to atleast Atlanta or in to South Caralina. I have never been into florida but hear nothing comes out.

I`m on my way to atlanta right now!!!! thanks for the tip :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
they gave us 200 bucks to get out of Tampa and DID NOT ask for it...it was in the offer to go down!!

Me and Steady both got 700 mile loads yesterday...MLK day is not a factor....only if you do government loads...

KC to Wayne Mi.....just woke up looking for a hole in the net!!*L*

flattop40

Expert Expediter
they gave us 200 bucks to get out of Tampa and DID NOT ask for it...it was in the offer to go down!!

Me and Steady both got 700 mile loads yesterday...MLK day is not a factor....only if you do government loads...

KC to Wayne Mi.....just woke up looking for a hole in the net!!*L*

Hmmmm great to hear you guys got good runs. guess I may have to DH out of NC tonight.:mad:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
The DUDE is there with ya...asked me if you drove a silver type van......

I wouldn't DH yet....there is a reason....;)

The "Dude" is here with me? Will have to go introduce myself.

I have been here before and never had a hard time getting out but been here since 6am friday morning. There was a sprinter team here with me all weekend but they got out yesturday.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
On second thought its a little chilly to chat outside. Steady Eddie if you read this today and want to chat I am in the last booth next to lounge.

Hey hey lifes good...jenny just gave me a mini for the morning...hehe 2 for 2.....:D

BTW..be gentle on Eddie...he's as old as dirt!! *LOL*