When is the July shutdown?

Fisherman

Active Expediter
Driver
I keep hearing about how July is the slowest month for expediting due to many plants shutting down for a couple weeks. Does anybody know specifically when those 2 weeks will be this year?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep hearing about how July is the slowest month for expediting due to many plants shutting down for a couple weeks. Does anybody know specifically when those 2 weeks will be this year?
As far as I am concerned it has been a July slowdown for the most part of 2019. As for the real July slowdown, some plants will be 2 weeks and some others will be 3 weeks all depending on how busy that segment of the auto industry is. Lately they have been on a rotating basis. No reason rhyme or reason to it. Your best bet is to ask at the receiver when that particular automaker will be shutdown.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And, if you are signed on with a carrier ask dispatch. A few do well in July but, as above, the state of expediting is not stable right now. We will stay home for "at least" first 3 weeks.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Fisherman

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm hoping the July slowdown will be the last two weeks of December. I've been on a decent roll this month. I deliver tonight and have a load picking up first thing in the morning.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm hoping the July slowdown will be the last two weeks of December. I've been on a decent roll this month. I deliver tonight and have a load picking up first thing in the morning.
SHHH, Quiet , we don't want people getting all Excited and Peeing their pants because of a few drivers have been busy .
We still have a couple thousand Over-Saturated Van /Cubes to go Bankrupt, Yet ...

" LOAD 1 "

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still on a roll. I delivered yesterday afternoon. 30 minutes later got a 264 miler to finish off my day. Delivered that this morning in Batesville, IN. Load wise, looking good for today. I plan on taking the week of the 4th off so I hope this continues. :sprinter: