When getting healthy foods you eat, lets hear from all

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are the foods you eat when both losing weight and for getting healthy

My foods are

Breakfast

Cheerios, SpecialK (red berries), Raisn Brand, oat meal or protein shake and a banana, 1% milk with the cereal

Morning snack

sweet peppers, or protein shake (for caliories) or a piece of fruit.

Lunch

Turkey sandwich on whole grain, maybe some veggies (steamed) Peanut butter sandwich on whole grain.

Afternoon snack

Starkist tuna creations, I like the Hickory Smoked or protein shake, maybe some sweet peppers.

Dinner

Skinless Chicken Breast, fish or Skinless Turkey Breast, steamed veggies maybe some rice and unsweet ice tea.

Evening snack

Some Popcorn, natural simply salt

I should add that I do have a slice of pizza or a dog (plus water)at Costco every now an then..I also walk a couple of miles around Costco whenI do. I also hit up Chipotle for a burrito bowl of Chicken, brown rice, black beans and hot salsa plus pico type salsa, plus water.

I have no soda's or candy in my food choices anymore, I do eat some chips every now an then but not that often.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If you use Fitness Pal, you can get an accurate account of calories, and your daily nutrition rates of Calcium and so on, really a great help.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
What are the foods you eat when both losing weight and for getting healthy

My foods are

Breakfast

Cheerios, SpecialK (red berries), Raisn Brand, oat meal or protein shake and a banana, 1% milk with the cereal

Morning snack

sweet peppers, or protein shake (for caliories) or a piece of fruit.

Lunch

Turkey sandwich on whole grain, maybe some veggies (steamed) Peanut butter sandwich on whole grain.

Good write up, keep it up.
Afternoon snack

Starkist tuna creations, I like the Hickory Smoked or protein shake, maybe some sweet peppers.

Dinner

Skinless Chicken Breast, fish or Skinless Turkey Breast, steamed veggies maybe some rice and unsweet ice tea.

Evening snack

Some Popcorn, natural simply salt

I should add that I do have a slice of pizza or a dog (plus water)at Costco every now an then..I also walk a couple of miles around Costco whenI do. I also hit up Chipotle for a burrito bowl of Chicken, brown rice, black beans and hot salsa plus pico type salsa, plus water.

I have no soda's or candy in my food choices anymore, I do eat some chips every now an then but not that often.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's funny how our diets are so similar...minus the protein shakes.

Breakfast

Cheerios or oatmeal. Or scrambled eggs with baby spinach and turkey sausage( when I can find it), either as an omelet or in a wrap.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Working on going grain free... Easier said then done. Goal is to cut out sugar and processed foods.

Morning - Protein shake maybe add a TBLS of Coconut Oil
Mid Morning Snack - Blueberries or Strawberries or in season cherries
Mid Afternoon Snack - Tablespoon of fresh ground almond butter mixed with a tbls of coconut oil
Dinner / Lunch depending on if I was driving or if we are sitting. This is the hardest time for me as I am at my weakest to say yes to something bad such as something with sugar. I like to have a chicken breast or a hamburger patty, a vegetable and sometimes a salad.

For snacks during week:
unsalted pumpkin seeds (ordered from Nuts Online)
I also chew a lot of sugar free gum
baby carrots
1/2 avocado

I struggle making salads in the truck for some reason. Both of us enjoy salads but by the time I eat I have often let myself get to hungry and I do not want to make a salad. I am better about ordering them inside if we are where I can do that.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Breakfast - Smoothie made with unsweetened Almond milk or skim milk, whey protein, half of banana, some blueberries. Along with 2-3 tablespoons of old fashioned Oats. (Raw)
Or egg white omelet with reduced fat cheese, spinach, and onion.

Lunch- Veggie burger or salmon burger

Dinner- I incorporate legumes & vegetables with meals and reduce the amount of meat.

Reactions: scottm4211