geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when buying a knew or used unit, something you should do before buying

go to truck shows to see what is out there
have a list of things you want on the next unit
read all trucking magazine's you can get hands on, there are a lot of free ones out there
there are a lot of them on line or in print . if you see a piece of equipment in magazine you can send off for it and read up on it.
buying a new unit is like being in a candy store, there is so much see
the things you want, see how much they will raise the price of the truck
then rate items you want on next truck by how much they will add to comfort and doing the job
do you really need them, you have to sale your self on them
go to Expedite Expo, talk to company rep's have a listed of question, to ask to them, about equipment you want on unit. if it is a genset you this is a good time to look at them up close.
are there any discounts for if you belong to any group, or does your company have any discounts you may use
before buying check out what is the best way to go, lease or buying, what is interest rate, check with your accountant .
if you are buying used unit most important thing to look at is maintenance records on unit , if you can't see them don't buy that unit. as you want to know what has been done to unit and when. also is there any warranty left on it.

one thing in favor of new is 100% of warranty, used unit there may or not be any warranty on it

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Agree.... plan to attend the workshops that interest you. Not just walk the floor.

1Babydoll

New Recruit
Retired Expediter
I'm retiring. Ive got my truck posted for sale in the classifieds here.
If I bring it down to the Expo would I be able to park in a position to try and market it ?
Would I be in position to have a small flea market in my box ?
Hopefully it's sold by then. You never know with a truck.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'm retiring. Ive got my truck posted for sale in the classifieds here.
If I bring it down to the Expo would I be able to park in a position to try and market it ?
Would I be in position to have a small flea market in my box ?
Hopefully it's sold by then. You never know with a truck.

Which Truck??? Posted where? PIC???

1Babydoll

New Recruit
Retired Expediter
2012 Volvo DR Unit. Like New Flag.. Great Truck except it doesn't have a sleeper designed to hold dinner parties in. With 6 toolboxes you got room to haul stuff for outdoor entertaining..You should stay in the nice weather anyway.

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
2012 Volvo DR Unit. Like New Flag.. Great Truck except it doesn't have a sleeper designed to hold dinner parties in. With 6 toolboxes you got room to haul stuff for outdoor entertaining..You should stay in the nice weather anyway.

None of my Truck have Dinner party sleepers! :)
We don't dispatch RV retirees....

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Where can I locate it?

1Babydoll

New Recruit
Retired Expediter

None of my Truck have Dinner party sleepers! :)
We don't dispatch RV retirees....
I heard of an owner that once said about a team " I don't think they wanted a job. I think they took my truck because they needed a place to live."
I built the truck for ease of maintenance,durability, profitability, and comfort . Only one bed.

Reactions: ntimevan

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would send pm to L McCord, and ask him about it