When are people gonna learn to drive?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Today I was sitting at a truckstop in New Mexico getting ready to go in and eat my lunch when a guy pulls out of his parking spot beside me and clips my driver's side front fender. He bent it all to heck. Then when he realized he hit me he decided to high tail it out of there even though I was running beside his truck and waving him down. I got his company name, truck number, and trailer number. Then I made a call to his company's safety department. I took a shop hammer and a piece of metal and beat it out enough to do until I get back home.

See a friend of mine owns a cutom shop in Little Rock. He is basiclly sponsoring my truck by tricking it out for me slowly. He comes up with a couple of ideas and I make the final call. The front fenders he made custom out of stainless steel and put them on saturday evening. I'm so frustrated about this right now. You can't have anything.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What a shame. Bad enough you got hit but to have the sleeze just take off on you makes it ten time worse. :mad:

SKIDROCK

Expert Expediter
Thats the way it goes, if you drove an old junky truck that you don't care about, he never would have hit you!

moose

Veteran Expediter
Hit a deer on the Pass. side , and you good to go .

This is one memorial day you will not forget .

(just trying to cheer you up...)

Moose.

VBobby

Seasoned Expediter
I hope you found another witness and called the police. If tey wanted to they could have him in jail in a few hours for hit and run.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
My husband says my biggest fear is being hit by a truck backing
into a parking spot beside us. I just freak out when someone
starts backing in. He tells me to close the curtain and shut up!

I like the end parking spaces because i can only get hit on one side. Don't ever go to the Flying J at Texarkana Ar.. it is a
nightmare.

termite289

Expert Expediter
stopped at the petro in west memphis for a nap one day, took my shoes off, laid down, and some *** hit my drivers side mirror, pulling through a strait pull through spot. he drove away. i watched him go, checked my mirror, no damage, fold away. then i lie back down and it happened again, different truck. so, i got angry, got up and watched him pull away,as i was putting my shoes back on to chase him down but he got out of the lot before i could catch him. when i got back to the truck, you guessed it, lucky no. 3 was backing in beside me and swatted it again. fold away mirrors on a kw t600 are pretty tough, at least mine was. number 3 stopped, apologized, we looked it over good, and there was a scratch or two, but i couldn't say for sure that he did it, so i thanked him for being a man, and moved over to the pilot, and slept the night without further incident.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Back last fall a cube van whacked the mirror on my s/t and cracked the mirror housing. Found out who and told him the damage but he didn't bother to pay up. Office said I should fold in my mirrors. But I'm parking sideways across 3 spots (all beside the office) and the truck is not out in the driveway.

Such things happen all too often and few stay around to acknowledge the damage and pay up.
Rob

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Back last fall a cube van whacked the mirror on my s/t and cracked the mirror housing. Found out who and told him the damage but he didn't bother to pay up. Office said I should fold in my mirrors. But I'm parking sideways across 3 spots (all beside the office) and the truck is not out in the driveway.

Such things happen all too often and few stay around to acknowledge the damage and pay up.
Rob

Office needs to start hiring people wh can drive instead of making up crap to cover there poor judgement.