What's Panther's trailer washout program?

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Somewhere I read - QC message or Drivers manual - that we had a provision for two trailer washouts per month. Has anybody else seen that or am I just making this up? The reason I ask, I just got turned down for a trailer washout. I was told that if the trailer needed to be washed out I needed to pay for it. I must get my trailer washed out 2 to 3 times a year at most. I would appreciate any feedback.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Did you do a backhaul and then need a washout?? If thats the case then yep it's on you but if you pulled a Panther load and you need a washout then it's on them. There isn't any reason for a driver to ever pay for a washout because of a Panther load

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
My question is....why need a washout?, or do you mean a trailer wash? I was under the understanding that we are not allowed to backhaul anything in a reefer unit that would require a washout (meat, frozen food or produce), someone else ruined that for us, bad load of broccoli I was told, and if not referring to a refer unit....why the heck would you want to washout the inside of a dry van?..need more info on this to make a better answer.....BUT if its just washing a dry van on the outside..go to Blue Beacon and have it done and charge it to Panthers acct...DO NOT pay for it yourself, it will take months to get your money back( been there done that, learned the hard way)

Last edited:

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
My question is....why need a washout?, or do you mean a trailer wash? I was under the understanding that we are not allowed to backhaul anything in a reefer unit that would require a washout (meat, frozen food or produce), someone else ruined that for us, bad load of broccoli I was told, and if not referring to a refer unit....why the heck would you want to washout the inside of a dry van?..need more info on this to make a better answer.....BUT if its just washing a dry van on the outside..go to Blue Beacon and have it done and charge it to Panthers acct...DO NOT pay for it yourself, it will take months to get your money back( been there done that, learned the hard way)
I do pull a reefer. There wasn't a Blue Beacon between me and the shipper. This shipper has turned away some of our trailers because of specks of dirt in the trailer. Never happened to me, but I did have to do a recovery at this shipper because one of our driver's had a dirty, smelly trailer. I called Paul. He asked me to fax the receipt. He is going to make a payroll addendum for the fee. All's well.

termite289

Expert Expediter
you know there is a magic stick with a fluffy end that most of the new guys have never heard of. they work wonders.