What's next?

Deville

Not a Member
With the new flat rate system going to start in June it seems to me that this is a last ditch effort to save the CC division. What happens if this doesn't work? What will the next option be?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Depends. Is this a last ditch effort to save FDCC or is this just a way to increase profit or is this because the drivers asked for it as the fleet message said? With the amount of work coming in it doesn't seem like FDCC needs saved as much as it wants to be more profitable. Its a great service they can offer their huge freight/ground/express customers as well. Even if it broke even, it may be the one thing that makes it different than ups or r&l to help secure a multi million dollar contract for the whole company.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With the new flat rate system going to start in June it seems to me that this is a last ditch effort to save the CC division. What happens if this doesn't work? What will the next option be?

Save the CC division from what? From a corporate standpoint, it doesn't need saving. That division can probably stand on it's own.

Deville

Not a Member
I guess time will tell. I took that survey and I wanted to stay on a percentage. I'm curious too know how many owners and contractors took the survey.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Email I think.
Responses must be low. They paid $10 to respond.
Maybe a month ago. Just got my $$ this week.

CCDriver

Active Expediter

I know that CC is just a small cog in the mighty FedEx jugaurnat, but needs saving? I don't think so. You have a whole fleet of trucks that are paid for and maintaned privately.
It's a money making machine. Maybe the heads of it should be cut that would save a bunch not sure what their pay is but from what I see they are overpayed at any price.
When they start trying to pull profit from those who using their own equipment do the work and make the cash flow they are barking up the wrong tree.
Already many fleet owners have seen the writing on the wall and turned to Landstar they may become the industry leader in doing what we do.

So when FedEx might wake up and remember what this is really all about performance giving a service that none can replacate then maybe things will get better.