Whatever happened?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
What happened to the notion of getting behind your ELECTED President in times of crisis? It seems that everyone wants to express their own opinion about the war. We don't have all the classified data that the President has that has caused him to make this call to send more troops overseas.

I say it's time to shut up and support the President.

IMHO.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I support the troops and always will, but I can't support the president. I can't help but feel he is getting rich off of this. People like myself have had to pay the price though. If it wasn't for iraq I would just be a vet not a disabled vet. I've had to be off of work for the past month, and just as I thought things were getting better I had to grand mal seizures back to back yesterday afternoon. They both lasted over five minutes and I spent most of the evening at the va. all this sacrifice and for what. nothing. a few hundred dollars a month from the va supposed to make me feel better? I don't think so. when our electd officals' children ride into battle instead of hiding at the universities then i will support them.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Who said he was elected. It was thanks to Florida and their "Hanging Chads" that he got in.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Elected by the supreme court,and everyone knows it.He has never been my President.He's a very dangerous man.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
I agree Lawrence,if this country would stand together to defeat this enemy,the enemy would find the nearest hole to hide in.But when they see this Country and it's Politicians fighting among ourselves they wont stop!The majority of Americans were behind Our President after 911 to stop these Terrorists,dont let these weak Politicians in this Country whose only concern is getting re-elected let us Die.The people in this Country who only critisize our President should be ashamed of themselves.Thank God for George Bush.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, it's interesting how Kerry et al voted yes originally and declared this was the thing to do only to renege. They have their bogus talking points to recite to justify their actions. Too bad they don't stand up for the country instead of themselves.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If we're all required to admire the Emperor's imaginary clothes, we might as well be living in Iraq.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
thank you cheri. you hit the nail on the head. it's easy for people who been to iraq to tell me i'm wrong and being unamerican for not supporting the war in iraq. it's my choice to support the pres. or not. that's one reason i love america.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
if you believe in it so much go sacrifice your life in the army or marines. be on the ground. can you do that? are you willing to do that?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the people of Iraq having freedom, but I don't see that it's America's responsibility to secure it for them.
Patriotism isn't displayed by waving the flag, supporting the President no matter what, or saying "Love it or leave it", IMO. It's displayed by thinking, questioning, and wanting America to be the best country on Earth, for Americans.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
If the United States does'nt do it who will? The U.N. I don't think so,is it ok for the U.S. to stand back and watch thousands of people being slautered? Should we just watch like the U.N. has in Darfour? We are the most Powerfull country in this World,the most Compasionate,that is why we are there!Thank God for George Bush and not Global Warming Gore...it's funny I didn't hear about hanging chads after the Dems won this last election!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
if we were being slaughtered who would help us? the canadains and british i know. when they need our help i'll be behind it 100 %. i'm tired of us scarificing to help people who just want hand outs and don't care if we live or die.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>What happened to the notion of getting behind your ELECTED
>President in times of crisis?

Elected?

Seems like calling in of owed favours, arm twisting, and promises had as much to do with it as votes.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I want a President that recognizes future threats. And that I believe is the reason we are doing what we are doing in Iraq. Go George!

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>I want a President that recognizes future threats. And that
>I believe is the reason we are doing what we are doing in
>Iraq. Go George!

Right now Iraq appears to be a black hole with no end in sight and most certainly a nation in a big mess if not on the brink of Civil War.

Was Iraq really a future threat? Who knows for certain.

However, we do know that no weapons of mass destruction have been discovered and that Saddam was not friendly towards Osama.

There has been a lot of debate on whether it was the right thing to take the war on terrism to Iraq first.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Maybe I am sick of the past being bought up when there is a discussion about the sitting president, so lets see….

I think that we should all be complaining that old Joe Kennedy sold his soul for the fix in the primaries with the unions in West Virginia and the fix in Chicago with the Mob for the election. Talk about stealing an election, this is worst than anything we have had in our history (election wise that is). The only thing that came out of the Kennedy administration was the space program and TAX CUTS. People should not remember him as a vibrant president who was the symbol of the future of the country but as a womanizing good ol’ boy that screwed around with German spies and escalated Vietnam, oh and was protected by a very crooked ruthless bootlegger.

My God when are you going to realize that the election is over and done with? This is like the war protestors from Vietnam, many just don’t want to let go; hey guys, we lost the war and you won.

As much as many of you hate the president, do you really think we would be better off with ALGORE whom the sitting president of the same party and the same administration did not even support in the campaign or would you think we would be better off with Kerry who for all intent and purpose is just like Bush, coddled from a rich family. The Dems didn’t have a real candidate and all the negative ads and rhetoric didn’t seem to matter.

Steal the election, give me a break!

I am not happy with Georgie boy, I think that he needs to stop with the idea that we need invaders to have the country work and get on with a program to protect our borders. The other issue is that he is all too happy to help the dems with their agenda and has reached to them as a sign of things to come. All you liberals should embrace him, he seems to be the perfect president for you.

Now for most of the people, who question, don’t like or rather think that Bush is a fool and should not be there, well it seems that not everyone (contrary to what most of us grew up with ‘anyone can be president’) it is not easy getting there and for all the right reasons, he is there. I don’t like the term disfranchised voter as much as I solidly believe that everyone (I mean no exceptions) should have a picture ID with a finger print to be allowed to vote. This cr*p of the poor not being able to get one or that they can’t do this or that means nothing in comparison to diluting the process to the point that anyone can and has voted, be it a person who is in a vegetative state or 6 feet under.

Now the issue of Iraq, sorry you all, this issue is an issue that both parties are at fault with, not just one person or party. The congress, with both parties voted on going to war to support the UN resolution and the congress, with both parties voted on funding the war. DO you really think that the dems could not stop the republicans in many of the funding requests? They could have but didn’t, as much as the senior dems on the oversight committees could have used the existing rules to be a pain in the side of the president but they didn’t.

The issue of weapons of mass destruction, I said this before that Saddam (the departed) had all the resources, all the technology and the people to produce a lot of nasty stuff to kill a lot of people. Just maybe the findings of traces of sarin in unused shells may have been an indicator of what he destroyed. But again a committee report or something that is declassified may not support the real facts, for some reason we are and should not be privy to classified information. By the way a lot of what we fear is easily made or obtained.

I think a lot of real vets, ones who see combat or put in harms way are not getting what they deserve. I don’t see this changing with the dems, I think that we need to change people in congress and get rid of people like Conyers, Levin and others who have something to do with the military.

The last thing I got to say and wanted to say from the start as I ramble is this;

You may not agree with the president, you may hate his guts and want to see him impeached (not likely to happen) but you should not hesitate to support the office of the president. Presidents come and go but the office will always be there and it reflects on the people of our country, which means it deserves the respect of the people.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Support our Pesident ? Does he support us ? What about legislation supporting ATA and degrading the trucking industry as a whole ? Wait and see how many more immigrant drivers replace American drivers when immigration laws are eased . Yes , prolong the war and keep awarding billions of dollars to defense contractors to repair and replace vehicles our troops have been wounded and died in . How come mine sweepers cleared roads in Viet Nam but there is no technology to detect roadside bombs ?