What would you do ?

moose

Veteran Expediter
Later on this thread i will tell you what happened , and how bad this could have ended .
i really don't know if i did the right thing .
the rezone im posting it , is because i was told that this is a daily event , so you might face the same situation .

after delivering a 5 am load in the Basten area .
i was to get for a Pick-up in Connecticut at 8 O'clock .
driving a Tractor Trailor.

taking the I-495 0ff ramp into the I-90 west , still dark and rainy . not many cars around. just B4 the morning rash .

getting to the toll booth .
there are 6 lanes :
2 : blocked by cones , and gates , and red lights.
2 : cash only ,car only , low over pass . (Automated ,Please take your ticket)
2 : citizen Bank , mass pike card holders only .
sign say : cameras in use :toll violators will be prosecute.

no truck cash lane !!!

no Turn Pike employee in sight . ( after a Min. or so i did see one , but it was in a booth ,about 8 booths of traffic away )

What would you do ???

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
pull through park on outhr side walk and get ticket or pay cussing up at storm the hole time

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
I've missed a toll going through Chicago. Construction forced traffic over to the Ipass lanes and I couldn't get back over. Knowing there would be many more toll boths, I just asked the operator at the next one and they gave me a slip to mail the payment in. Wasn't a big deal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've missed a toll going through Chicago. Construction forced traffic over to the Ipass lanes and I couldn't get back over. Knowing there would be many more toll boths, I just asked the operator at the next one and they gave me a slip to mail the payment in. Wasn't a big deal.

According to I-Pass website they tolerate about 3 missed tolls a year..then they mail a warning....sooooo I pick the bridge going into Ind. !!! its the biggest toll....*LOL*

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Pay more tenshun when approaching the cash box. Also, let the signal blink a couple times, then start turning the wheel.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
In chicago you do not get 3 free passes, Found that out, time I got the info the 40 cent booth fare was $22.00

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I avoid the toll roads, but if i missed a toll I would pull through and park and find an attendant

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ive missed the Mass toll twice,toll going into Buffalo on I 190 and couple in Ill. that only have the cash only deals.No one has sent me a ticket yet.The on in NY i tried to pay the attendant in the cash lane,she just gave me a card to fill out and where to send my money.THe Mass one,my partner went in wrong gate,didnt get a ticket,when exiting,attendant asked for his ticket,he said he didnt get one but just got on exit 9 and we were getting off exit 10,got charged 1 exit,other time exited wrong gate

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Drive through the pike pass lane and continue on my way. There would be no way I would put my life in danger by walking around a toll booth plaza trying to find an attendant.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In chicago you do not get 3 free passes, Found that out, time I got the info the 40 cent booth fare was $22.00

from the I-pass web site...

* The Tollway recognizes that honest mistakes happen—we allow 2 mistakes in a 24-month period. Upon your third unpaid toll within a 2-year period, a violation notice will be issued and fines assessed.

so they allow for 2 mistakes in a 24 month time frame....I was wrong...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ive missed the Mass toll twice,toll going into Buffalo on I 190 and couple in Ill. that only have the cash only deals.No one has sent me a ticket yet.The on in NY i tried to pay the attendant in the cash lane,she just gave me a card to fill out and where to send my money.THe Mass one,my partner went in wrong gate,didnt get a ticket,when exiting,attendant asked for his ticket,he said he didnt get one but just got on exit 9 and we were getting off exit 10,got charged 1 exit,other time exited wrong gate

Mass is screwed up! By the time you see the lane you're supposed to be in, Murphy has you in the farthest lane from it, and backed up traffic to prevent you from gettin there. Forced thru an EZ-Pass one time, and the attendant couldn't do anything about it. Never heard a word from them. I heard each truck gets a freebee; but don't know. Sometimes all you can do is your best.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Massachusetts has a high Catholic population. Confess to a priest, light a candle and deposit the toll fare and a little kicker into the collection box. Your sins are forgiven my cloven hoofed, antlered headed one.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Re: What would you do??
Back to the top ,(but you guys are welcome to continue your self safety thread over here ...)

So , I pulled to the booth , & blocked one lane of MassPike and one cash ,
got a car ticket.
drove through the MassPike lane .
got to the Exit booth , and got some answers from the shift supper .
apparently , this is a daily event , every morning , and they don't make a big deal of it , as long as you have A ticket.
they change the charge from a car to a truck , you pay & get a receipt ,
if you do not have A ticket , it is like you lost it , they charge you the full amount , i did not asked.
so get A ticket , any ticket.

but , they still have your plate on camera , for passing at the MassPike with no transponder ,
they say , keep the receipt , just in case , but uselessly , once the attendant is leaving his booth , he supposed to punch out , and from that point , till a new one punch in , the video is collecting at the MassPike office , and not being transfer to the outside third party collection office.
i was advised , that this collection company have their way of getting their pay , even for out of state residents, & even for first offenders .
if you do get a letter , you can always go online , pay a few dollars - that you don't owe - and get it over with , they can make your life miserable , if you choose to fight it.
toll is double taxation , so why not trippple it .

he did got a speech, tho'w , about diverting toll collected at the Mass Pike , to unlawfully pay for the big dig ,
that's when he kindly asked me to leave ...

Coast to Coast.