What is some funny stuff you seen while driving.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
I had a chat with some co workers at work about crazy things seen while driving. While i'm not a driver yet I've been on the highways quite a few times in my life. Not sure if this has been posted before if it has i'm sorry.

The two funny things that i have seen that came to mind is

1 & 2) Driving down I-75 S. in the Flatrock area I seen this car with what looks to be a wierd color paint scheme. Well when i get closer i found that this guy had a black car but covered it with wax and went for a drive (Temp is about 90+ out and no clouds in the sky) I thought to my self man he's going to have a fun time getting that off. Well later down the road i seen this car with something attached to his tire/rim going around and around. Well come to find out he put one of the screw on cans of fix-a-flat on the tire and left it on!!! :+

ATeam

Retired Expediter
RE: What is some funny stuff you seen while drivin

1. A housing devlopment in CA named Oak Hills, but when you look 360 degrees across the desert as far as the eye can see, there is not an oak or hill to be seen.

2. A water tower in SC painted to look like a peach, but it looks more like a huge human butt in the sky.

3. A freeway exit in CA named "Hammer Lane" on which trucks are prohibited.

4. A city named "Northwest". Directions can drive you crazy if you don't know it is a city name. "Drive through Northwest and turn left..."

5. Flashing signs warning of fog when you can see miles ahead on a bright, sunny afternoon.

6. Potato chip bags purchased at sea level that inflate like baloons in the mountains.

7. City name: Intercourse, PA

8. The truck driving team that told us they periodically vent their frustrations with each other by one going in the bunk, the other staying up front, they pull the curtain and shout and swear at each other until they feel better.

9. The state trooper driving in the hammer lane at night that turned on his disco lights, then immediately turned them off, then abruptly turned into the median, then tried to turn out, but kept on going into mud that captured his car perpendicular to the lanes; leaving truckers that saw this at night asking themselves on the CB, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

10. The dispatcher who asks the driver where he is at and the driver answers, "I'm in the truck."

11. The dispatcher that sends a Qualcomm message asking, "Are you in the truck?" and receives a Qualcomm answer back, "No."

12. The dogs that sit on truck drivers' seats waiting for their master to return, that look like they could drive the truck themselves.

13. Bumper sticker: "Honk if you love peace and quiet."

14. Obese truck driver making the third trip to the buffet and ordering a refill of Diet Coke.

15. The trainee calling for help on the CB at a truck stop, asking what he should do. His trainer had packed up his stuff and abandoned the truck and trainee.

16. The FedEx CC driver who came to take a load off our truck (because dispatch had another load for us to take at a time when we were the only drivers in the state with the credentials to carry that freight). He promptly told his wife and mine why we did not need to use the lift gate to form a bridge between the trucks, but after wrestling the freight for a while decided it would be a good idea; and then after telling us how much experience he had, dug out an obviously seldom-used hand truck to transfer the freight. The hand truck had a flat tire on one side that he ignored trying to make it look like he did this kind of stuff every day.

17. The truck driver at a fuel island sitting in his cab, returning a friendly wave to a driver on the ground waving to try to signal that his fuel hose had not shut off and fuel was bubbling by gallons onto the ground.

18. At a plant entrance, the security guard's face when he told us where to park for the night and heard me say with a very offical tone, "Thank you, officer. We'll sleep so you don't have to."

19. My head after I dozed off in a Wal-Mart barber chair and awoke to find my hair totally buzzed off.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

A non-English speaking security guard chasing my truck when I pulled out onto the street, waving his arms, & yelling - which was funny only because he couldn't catch me, though it was pretty close through the first 8 gears! (I couldn't understand a word the guard said - it wasn't an accent, it was another language altogether!)

bryan

Veteran Expediter

HI

A car in a tree.
A deer sniffing a deer crossing sign.
People chasing live turkeys on I270 in Columbus.
People chasing cows on 401 in Toronto.
A cop pulling me over to apologize for almost T boning my van.He didn't see me.
A wrecker stopping to hook up to another wrecker that was towing an ambulance.
5 people getting out of 1 semi.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

5 people getting out of 1 semi.

Laredo, Texas?????????

I was stopped at a red light. A car pulls up next to me in the left lane. The engine sputters and dies. The driver re-starts, puts it in neutral and revs engine. Still idling rough so he revs up a few more times. Puts transmission back into drive. Long light, better rev it up one more time. Oooops, forgot to put it in neutral. That car lept about 10 feet and into the trunk of the car in front of him.

Mid morning, northbound on Rte. 23 toward Ann Arbor. Taffic is jammed up. I'm in the right lane. Trafic in the left lane seems to be moving a bit faster. A woman is talking on the C.B. Asking truckers if they want to see her spider tattoo. A few minutes later her car is next to me. Boyfriend (handler?) is driving and she is arched up in the passenger seat, skirt hiked up to her navel, displaying a tattoo high on the inside of her left thigh. It sorta looked like a spider sitting on a web. Not real sure, but the nest it crawled out of was unmistakable.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Sitting at the corner of north West St and west North St in Carlisle PA

Driving pass a sign that said ‘road closed ahead – follow detour’ and arriving at a traffic circle to find that three of the four streets are closed and the detour is the way I came in.

Watching people who never been in a traffic circle try to figure it out.

Being stopped in SC by a farmer and his flock of sheep when they cross the road only to be delayed even more when a truck stops on the other side and decided to blast their air horn causing most of the sheep to scatter with a few just to stand in the middle of the road scared to move. This was as bad as the two hours I was stuck on a back road in Kentucky while the police and farmers rounded up little piggys.

Arriving at a really big military supplier for a drop off when they had thier annual contractor appreciation day. They had a live band, great food by two famous TV chefs and prizes for all contractors who arrived there. The first thing I was ask when I arrived at the guard shack was what I was there for but if I was an employee or a contractor and when I answered, he told me to drop off what I had in my truck and go join the party. And yes I got a prize.

Seeing the famous bird poop car of Atlanta – been told it existed but until I saw it I could not believe it.

Being stopped by two actresses who I saw the week before in the movies and asked to take their picture with their camera and then they offered to take a picture with me. Odd!

Watching a couple argue while in the truck stop, getting behind them and watching 20 dollar bills be thrown out the window. I know they were 20’s because one stuck to my antenna and a few were stuck in my grill. I got 100 bucks from their argument.

Reading a sign that says 100KM = 60MPH and knowing it actually equals 62MPH but feel I am driving slow at 70MPH when I get passed by an elderly lady in a 1970s car.

Seeing the chickens at the Flying J outside of Atlanta

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Climax, Mi. is sure a long way from Intercourse, Pa.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Toss the towns of Happy, French Lick and Fertile into the mix and imagine the local paper wedding announcement possibilities.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm not even going to mention the name of that State Park in Kentucky.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

My personal favorite is a billboard in Kentucky on I-65 north that say's
Tattoos while you wait! I guess if your in a hurry you can drop off a limb and pick it up at 6.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

I've been in and out of that town in Pa. many times...My wife says she has has been to the one in michigan, but she says I've been there more than she has....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter

On I-635 North of Dallas the store named "CONDOMS TO GO" or is it go in.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Just south of I-94, exit 3 toward River Falls, Wi. A retired semi trailer now a billboard advertising AVES TAXIDERMY AND CHEESE.
Wine and cheese, crackers and cheese, gifts and cheese but taxidermy and cheese! Only in Wisconsin.

While we're in Wisconsin, highway 29 a few mile west of Marathon City there is a large wood stave tub on stilts standing in a farmers yard. Inside the tub are 3 life size cut out silhouettes painted to resemble the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction. Complete with towels draped over the edge of the tub. I didn't see Uncle Joe, heard he was movin kinda slow......