What is a food grade Sprinter?

No satisfaction

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
I just had an offer for a food grade load and wanted to take it but since the dispatcher doesn't know his freaking job or somebody there doesn't know they're freaking job I ended up getting talked out of it by the same person that offered me the load. I have carried food grade loads before. I was just curious as to what would disqualify me if a really picky or by the book forklift operator loaded me.

I don't know how to edit the header. (I changed it for you - Turtle)

Last edited by a moderator:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Filthy, debris loaded cargo area would likely prevent you from getting loaded. Usually, pets will keep you from getting loaded. Other than that, food and food grade materials are packaged for shipping to deal with most anything.

Reactions: Moot

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Look up HACCP and the kinds of things it requires, will give you a good idea. When I ran a fleet for a beef company it was the Bible we had to follow. Not all food companies do, but it gives you an idea of what top tier ones follow.

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I ran a fleet for a beef company it was the Bible we had to follow.
Did you have any reefers set up for swinging? I never hauled swinging but did hook to an empty once that didn't get washed. Hooks scattered all over the floor along with chunks of meat and fat. Blood on the floor and walls. What a mess!

Reactions: brokcanadian

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We had 4 left, we called them railers for the hook rails in the ceilings. They were a disaster. I re lined the walls with a product called Bullitex that prevented the carcasses from smashing through to the insulation foam. It took a special driver to not only handle the hanging beef, but driving something with a swinging high center of gravity took mad skills. Trailers (railers and regular) got a full chlorine foam and 180 degree bath after each load....we took cleaning pretty seriously. If you saw a lot of blood, maybe that had something to do with them fellas from out of town and that thing out at the lake.

Reactions: brokcanadian