What happened to the preview?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What happened to scrolling over a thread title and getting the preview? Now it just says go to first unread post. Bummer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If by "scrolling" you mean putting the mouse cursor over the thread title, mine still works.

If you're using a laptop with a touch screen, there may be issues (with that, and with drop-down menus).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, that's what I meant. I use a laptop that has a touch screen but with a mouse. I've restarted the system but no change. It just went away the other day and so far no change. Also, this thread didn't show up in the 'new posts' page and I think it used to show this forum as well.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This showed up in New Posts here.

You might want to clear the cache and delete (only) the EO cookies in the browser.

My laptop is also a touch screen. I had to go into Device Manager and disable the touch screen. When you hover the mouse over your name on the menu bar, the drop-down menu appears so you can change profile settings, etc. But that doesn't work if you have the touch screen enabled, because it's expecting you to touch-click for an action to happen. Same thing for the thread hover preview. With touch screen enabled, it thinks you're a tablet computer (because you are).

You can disable/enable the touch screen in Device Manager at will, and the change is immediate.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting because it did work until a few days ago but now I know something to look into. Thanks.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it was working until an hour or two ago. Nothing changed. Didn't turn the computer off. But now it's not working again. It's got to be the aliens.