What EO Can Do For You!

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
I don't know if it is possible but I would like to see frieght rates from different companies or just rates from around the country----whar are good rates and what are bad rates.Hawk

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'll try and take a stab at your "Q" Hawk. I don't worry about the rest of the Country. I worry about right here right now!!! I don't care if they get $10 a mile in LA, they deserve it. In our area MOST of the BIG Companies (you know who I mean) are getting between $1.60 and $2.40 a loaded mile, for vans. Now you know as well as I do there are always exceptions to every rule. (That number has nothing to do with or pertain to any NLM loads. I don’t even go there!) I do not want to post on any forum ways of doing things pertaining to the strategies and perks I work with, but if you provide me via email some types of trips (don't have to tell me the prospective clients name) you are doing and what it is you are looking to haul, I may be able to give you some tips on how to cut your rate and still get more per mile than the average $ per mile. Another thing to keep in mind – We don’t have the overhead they do nor the equipment rentals, they demand. Always look out for #1 first!!!!!!!!!!! I edited this 3 times. What can I say I just woke up!!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maybe some people can’t open the banner that LM posted. It is a picture of 2 trucks parked, in a large open area with a real nice picture of the sky as the background. A bird fling over and dropping birdie du-du ( bird-####) on the windshield of one of the trucks (D unit) Nutty old Bart Simpson rides by on a skateboard and cleans it off, catches the bird and rolls on down the road. (Cute as hell)!!! The caption on the banner is: [font color="blue" size="2.5"]WHAT CAN EO DO FOR YOU!!![/font]

[font color="goldenrod" size="3"] Honestly Gang!!![/font] I thought this would get a lot more hits??? Some responses as jokes and to have some fun, and others on a more serious note hoping that someone out of the 60K hits a day or more would read it and possibly be looking for the exact thing you posted in your reply. It’s not (per-say) what can EO do for you in the physically sense. A simple reply to a thread from someone on this site and EO is doing something. It is doing it for all the people that come to this site to read our threads, you all and myself as well. Lets not make Larry’s head to big!!! LOL! All of us members are doing it for one another. [font color="darkcyan" size="3"]Maybe some of you don’t realize how powerful this Internet really is.[/font]

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Tony, How very right you are. Not only is there a WEALTH of wisdom here on these forums to tap in to, but the whole site is jam-packed with info and links to info that can be used as a great tool to better our businesses. The only thing missing is your own personal experiences and what can I say, ya gotta get out there and get that on your own! We can lead a horse to water but we can't make him drink!

Just Killin' Time!!
DD

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
How about a link to a wheather site that you can get a radar scan of the country or just the area you want. Hawk

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hi Hawk, If you'll look on EO's home page on the left-hand side under online tools I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Just Killin' Time!!
DD

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about referrals to (volunteers) drivers of the various companies? We are with a company now and are reasonably satisfied but would like to know how other companies are doing, their policies, rates, etc...the recruiter pages are...well...they are recruiter pages if you know what I mean.-mcbride