What does it mean?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a Verison MIFI 4GLTE.When the light flashes green in means I have a 4G signal. When it flashes purple it means I have 3G. Right now it is both. Intermittent, on green, one purple. What is that? 3.5G or 7G? :confused:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
On your phone, if you have a 4g lte phone, when it bounces back and forth like that it usually is a bit.slower and gets.confused. Verizon suggested when that happens to go in and manually change it to stay on 3g. I wish there was a way to do it with the mifi because.sometimes I find myself having to restart it because it is confused.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought that is what it may be. Verison is switching over to 4G around here. There was no charge for my MIFI since Verison wants them gone.

The problem is that the 4G is on 700MHZ and the 3G is on 800MHZ. My cell repeater, here at home, transmits the internet part of the signal on 800MHZ. That renders my repeater more or less useless. I would guess that I cannot 'see' the 4G good enough to do without the repeater. My phone does not work well without.

Looks like it time to shop for a new repeater.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have both a 4G and a 3G wi-fi device. Since I purchased the 4G last June I have had it activated 3 different times. There continues to be connectivity between 3G and 4G service areas, (the last time activated was 2 weeks ago), I am once more back to the 3G device.

Verizion knows of the issues, but they have not been resolved.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a kid I got weather forecasts by decoding a blinking light. The Northwestern National Bank building in downtown Minneapolis had a 150' tower on it's roof with a large "weatherball" attached to it. Click this link, it will explain the light codes so you will have instant access to weather conditions in the Minneapolis area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5jcDt9tIM

Northwestern National Bank Weatherball.

NWWeatherball.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have both a 4G and a 3G wi-fi device. Since I purchased the 4G last June I have had it activated 3 different times. There continues to be connectivity between 3G and 4G service areas, (the last time activated was 2 weeks ago), I am once more back to the 3G device.

Verizion knows of the issues, but they have not been resolved.

Most of the time I don't have a problem. I either see the 3G or 4G. More often than not I have 4G only. Here at the house, starting since yesterday, I see both. Even if I turn off my repeater I still see both. With any luck they will soon shut down the 3G and I can then get a new repeater, although I have yet to find one for the 700MHZ and cell freqs. I am sure they will be out soon.