What do you read?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
What blogs do you follow? They do not have to be trucking related at all, just looking for some new reading materials.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
We tend toward paper instead of blogs...showing our age? LOL We both just finished the Left Behind series of 12 books that we enjoyed reading. Otherwise, I lean toward John Sanford, Michael Connolly and Grisham-type books.

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Only one blog ever kept me interested for a long time: Boobs, injuries, & Dr Pepper. The author [a woman named Crystal McKee, though she calls herself 'McKnob, and the explanation is hilarious] is quite remarkable, as a wife, mother, and a writer - I've never known anyone as genuinely funny in my life. And I sure wish I'd read her when my kids were small, because her style of parenting is what I would have done, if I'd had her imagination [and nerve].
If you start at the beginning, you'll be hooked too, I bet.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Downloaded the KJV Bible that has audio so it reads to me. Now I can understand the pronunciations of biblical names--- well I can hear them, but still get tongue tied when I try to say them....well it works for me.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I read the blogs of a few sci fi writers like kim harrison and laurl k. Hamilton also jim butcher.
I mean i can read a 400ish page book in a few hours so my nook and i pad get packed with pdf books.

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Just finished reading The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. All I can say is WOW!

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jenny: if you like to listen to audiobooks, there are 2 I highly recommend: Call the Midwife, by Jennifer Worth, and Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein.
Both are excellent, but Midwife is better for short stop & go sessions, Verity is one you want to hear what happens next, lol.
I liked Midwife so much I sent English Lady/Sue a PM about it, and she replied "I love it! Watching the second season now." I didn't even know it is a series on the BBC, [I don't have a tv] but I still think the audiobook is better, because the narrator is just amazing.
Audiobooks are wonderful if you like hearing different accents, and I like that a lot.

PS Verity is about 2 young women in the Women's Auxiliary [British] during WW2, possibly much like your grandmother [whose photo I just saw in another thread]. I recommended it to my daughter, because the characters are about her age [mid 20's] and what they experienced is fiction, but not - it's what happened to a lot of young women in wartime.

Last edited: