What can we expect from TriState? How are they to work for?

GTEAM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What can we expect from TriState, we are new to this game and need all the help we can get. We will be driving for an owner until we can get our own rig. Thanks

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You can expect alot of discounted GM freight, frustration, and sitting. They are all about the same. Want your own truck? I'll sell you mine.

Thumper

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We have worked for Tri-State for over four years and we have made a pretty decent living. We also work for an O/O. It helps to have a good O/O or to own your own truck. It so happens that we have a V E R Y good owner to drive for. All the expediter companies have problems but we have found that TSE has about the least. Our O/O has trucks on with TSE, Panther, & Con-way Now, and has had trucks on with Roberts but not at this time.
If you try to limit the number of refusals and take some loads that others may refuse you will find that more and more good loads will come your way. Also learning where N O T to stay and where to go to after a delivery will make a big difference in how well you do.
Try to talk to other TSE drivers who have been around for awhile but DO-NOT feed into the ones who have nothing but a negative attitude. Try to talk with ones like us who will tell you the pros & cons of the company.
If you see us on the road you are welcome to holler at us. We drive unit #D-425. We'll help you all we can. Good Luck & Welcome to Tri-State. Ken & Carol (Thumper & Bambi)

Kyle O

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am a fleet owner with D trucks at Tri-State, Panther and FedEx. I would say if you don't refuse a bunch of loads and don't need to going home all the time you should be fine. All the carriers are trying to accomplish the same things. They just go about it slightly differently. Good luck.