What are these for?

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5a59ba5ae591e99fe6f729903e1077e1.jpg
c47a5f7d4342c4a381bc4de22270e7d4.jpg

What are the metal bars for on the sides and the floor of my van?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They work great. Way stronger then they look. So now order some attachments of your choice and get yourself some good quality straps.

Reactions: scottm4211

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I put them in one of my vans but I found them to be designed with such close tolerances that any dirt or debris caused serious trouble getting them in & adjusted... E-track is much more user friendly in my opinion so we gave up on L-track.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I put them in one of my vans but I found them to be designed with such close tolerances that any dirt or debris caused serious trouble getting them in & adjusted... E-track is much more user friendly in my opinion so we gave up on L-track.

The L track is already in his van. I'd just use them. It would be tough to switch to E track at this point.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I have boxes of l track fittings as that's what we use on our flying PA systems very strong and secure when used correctly I use the double locking the most and also have them with hooks and with the rings dirt is that tracks enemy for sure it was designed for cargo secure meant in airlcraft

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our van has the L track on the floor, double lock is what we use. A small vacuum cleaner keeps things easy peasey.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was going to put L-track in the Sprinter when I first started outfitting it, but I really didn't plan it out properly to have it on hand when I needed it. I already had the E-track straps and the trailer store up the road had E-track on hand and would cut it to length for me. So that's what I stayed with.

Every time I transfer a load on or off an air expedite plane I wish I'd gone with L-track.

Reactions: scottm4211