Week of 4th of July load predictions?

yayashas

Seasoned Expediter
What do you think? Will it be normal, slow, really slow, or no freight at all. Not counting 4th of July it self.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

moose

Veteran Expediter
Location location location.
No 4th in Canada. neither in the Bahama's.
if stuck away from home, get a room & stay 'on bored' (LoL)...
with the 4th falls on the 4th of the week, it's everyone's guess.
i can tell you to stay away for Minnesota, it'll be all but closed for 10 days, with everyone's 'gone up north to the cabin' my self included.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm guessing that you nailed it in the thread title, weak. I deliver Monday morning then I'm heading to the house. Full disclosure, I've been wrong before.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
If ya run 99.99% auto freight like we do,,Its a safe bet it will be slow.
At the house now and thinking Ill be staying here for the week. Not much sense sitting in parking lots in this heat with no freight.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
No 4th for Canada, but Monday is a national Holiday upthere..weds the 4th here...I am DH'n home from Laredo right now...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Location location location.
No 4th in Canada. neither in the Bahama's.
if stuck away from home, get a room & stay 'on bored' (LoL)...
with the 4th falls on the 4th of the week, it's everyone's guess.
i can tell you to stay away for Minnesota, it'll be all but closed for 10 days, with everyone's 'gone up north to the cabin' my self included.

No 4th but there is the 1st Canada Day which will be taken this Monday....Canada will be locked down tight...

yayashas

Seasoned Expediter
I'm in Dallas thinking about dead head to Ohio. Only 5 vans on parking at fj.

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I have been tolled by two both the company's i have trucks the thay where tolled the alot of company's where not doing the normal shutdowns this year but who knows .i thought January was going to be bad this year and it was one of my best so who knows. But ya all be safe and have a good 4th no matter where u are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm in Dallas thinking about dead head to Ohio. Only 5 vans on parking at fj.

If I was still out in a van and I was sitting in an area with little competition, the last thing I would do is move to an area where there are going to be hundreds of vans all looking for a load as soon as the holiday is over.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a delivery Monday in Ohio. After that, your guess is as good as mine. Last year at this time, I was dying with maybe one run a week. This year it's completely different, been busy this last few weeks.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
expediting in a van has been all over the map again this year...up for 2 weeks down for 1, up for 3, down for 2....no rhyme or reason....peaks and valleys...all bets are off the table....just try to keep yourself with as many options as possible to grab a load...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
expediting in a van has been all over the map again this year...up for 2 weeks down for 1, up for 3, down for 2....no rhyme or reason....peaks and valleys...all bets are off the table....just try to keep yourself with as many options as possible to grab a load...

Yep the last 2 months have been hold on to your pillow to sleep whenever you can , and then sit and wait for 3 days. But each month has been very good , and the 2nd. Qtr. totals very good. I figure this week off ( maybe if the phone don 't ring ) will help catch up at home, and my fishing pole has been getting dust on it. July 9 th. is my goal date to be rolling again , but like i always say i 'm never out of service .

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
we have run for 12 straight days, so it nice to get a little break. the more expys taking a break this week leaves what freight there is to those of us who don't go home. just like Christmas time.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yep the last 2 months have been hold on to your pillow to sleep whenever you can , and then sit and wait for 3 days. But each month has been very good , and the 2nd. Qtr. totals very good. I figure this week off ( maybe if the phone don 't ring ) will help catch up at home, and my fishing pole has been getting dust on it. July 9 th. is my goal date to be rolling again , but like i always say i 'm never out of service .

I never even got a chance to go fishing last year, I went once this year and hope to do some salmon fishing.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

July 9th is also my projected date to roll...But i'll be out of service from the 3rd till then...then run until the Expo!!

tryhours3191

Seasoned Expediter
We averaged about 4K miles per week this month. Looking forward to taking some time off. I know I will be getting cabin fever by friday

Sent from my DROID RAZR