We Have Retired

ONESTACK

Expert Expediter
Well on April 28th. I tore my left shoulder pulling the lift gate out to make sure it was working as we had a load to pick up that afternoon and as I was pulling it out the arm gave instead of the lift gate. So folks when you pull on anything please be careful. We were calling it quits next April (2015) anyway, but now I've got to have a shoulder operation and we just went ahead and called it quits, because the surgeon say's it'll be 6 months to a year before i'll be able to really work again. Well it's been a blast working with you folks out there. We started with FedEx CC in Jan.2001. We met many great folks in our expediting years. Not just with FedEx but with the others also. We worked with 4 good owners after we got rid of our own trucks. Myself and Paulette want to say thanks to everyone out there and you all please drive safe and may GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR'S IN HIS HANDS. Again SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL. Bobby & Paulette.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Sorry to hear you injured yourself. Those liftgates can be rough one we have now isn't bad compared to other trucks I've had. I still won't let my wife pull it out hate to have her pull something or have it come down on her leg.

Hope the retired life suits you and your surgery and rehab goes well. Might of been a good time for retirement with all the changes coming about in FedEx. Not sure where they are headed but I got a good idea where their heads are at.....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too bad your retirement had to come via injury, but I envy your new found freedom. Hope all goes well with the surgery and you can enjoying your new life quickly.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sorry that you have to go out this way, and possibly be in pain, too.

One little positive is that you were planning on retiring soon so hopefully you were positioning yourselves for this day.

A few lessons to be learned here. I have a retirement date set for a few years out but with every financial decision I make I have to think how would this impact me if I had to retire tomorrow.

In a previous life I hauled trucks. We handled 105 lb ramps and did a lot of ratchet bindering. Rotator cuff injuries were common.
We learned to do simple stretching exercises prior to working and tried to stay focused on the task at hand whenever we exerted energy.

Good Luck for a speedy and safe recovery and God Bless you and yours.