we cannot even help each other no more

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well this is my first letter here and i know someone will make some comment on it but this is how i see it ok ,
after 35 years in this industry ok only 6 years here in the usa i have never been so discussed in my life my truck broke down today snowing cold temps cell phone in a non working area this happens as we all know ... well it does if you are with nextel in pa so i got on CB asking can any driver give me some assistance all i got what shutup stupid and lots of other comments and remarks of get the hell out of the usa get back to your own country well drivers after being here for 6 years and in the middle of taking up usa citzenship i seem to think this is my new home & yes evenuallty a driver did give me some help so to the JB HUNT driver i thank you john very much yes i know this next comment will really get feed back but i drove the road trains in the outback for over 2o years out there you see another driver in trouble you stop well if you do not well i hate to see what might happen in a way think about it we are a brotherhood & sisterhood there you go ladies i love this industry that is why i been in it for over 35 years but please i ask anyone reading this do not take this letter or comments as me putting down this country that i am not doing but what i am doing is asking everyone of you to think can we no longer help each other out there no more ??
wombat5252:)

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yessir wombat, mean people suck. Ya gotta understand that anymore 95% of the attitude is "harrah' for me and skareww you" I understand your concern.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I think sometimes we get very cynical - it happens.. Hopefully, we are reminded to listen - and respond when there is need for help from another driver.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Trucking isn't a brotherhood like it once was. The days of "Convoy" are long dead. Truckers are more prone to use the cb to test their genital size as to help someone in need. That's more or less the way America has gone in general. "If I can help, let me send a check. Otherwise, don't waste my time!" It's pitiful.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
but i ask why is it so i can not comparing but back home we are still there for our fellow driver well in the outback like i said if you do not stop out there your out of the industry there is even a fine if i get your number plate but we are talking high temps out there of more than 45 cel around 115 f here but the way i saw it it was only
21 deg f and cabin was cooling down
wombat
x(

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I live in PA, and have posted on this site many times, if anyone is in or around me, to give me a call and I will meet you someplace and dinner is on me.

I don't know where in PA you broke down, but I know trucking industry people from one end of the state to the other, including into and in Akron, Canton and Cleveland OH.

Ya! There are some real A-holes when it comes to asking for help, and from the sounds of it you are broke down around Carlisle PA. Like the JB guy stopped, someone would stop but it may take a while for the right person to come by. Sad part is, it is all those passing through giving you the grief, but if it was one of them broke down, they would be crying the blues. Be the better person, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and do what is needed to get back on the road. When has an Auzy ever quit anything or given up.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
why is being diffrent matters

well i broke down around shoeshoes pa I.80 and it seems that area around there is not very nextel friendly i think what more ##### me off was the comments of ##### off back to your other dam country hey i am from another country other than the usa but is that wrong of me because i speak with a australian accent other than a american i live here fellows i pay taxes like everyone else i am under the same laws as everyone one else but everyday i get the same thing ##### off to your own country THIS IS MY COUNTRY NOW and deal with it i am staying my god father australia is a allied to the usa we spilled the same blood in vietnam world war 2 the middle east the world trade center and i get this shut up stupid as temp is falling and snowing i wonder who is the stupid one here but thanxs mate for replying it is just so sad that others out here are not like you and a lot of others in helping another driver and if you ever hear me out there dinner is on me ok as i would say in australia my shout meaning i am buying no questions asked
wombat5252

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
RE: why is being diffrent matters

I wish I could say I am surprised by the way you were treated during your time of need but sadly I am not. I myself, as well as many others I know, have gotten similar responses when in need and appealing to somebody for help. I don't think it even matters whether you are a from another country or not...there is a certain segment of society that looks for opportunities to ridicule and belittle others who they perceive as helpless or in a position of distress.
How small minded must these individuals be?? They hide behind a radio
and have the audacity to make fun of someone who is doing nothing more than trying to make a living! I am sure you know by now that in life what goes around comes around...They will get theirs...count on it!! Fortunately for them they didn't have to take an IQ test as a prerequisite for their career.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can really understand your frustration, when you asked for help over the CB, & got only insults in return. I too, am often appalled at what I hear when I listen, because when I listened 20 yrs ago, it wasn't like that - drivers communicated information to help, not impress or ridicule each other. Now, I usually turn it on only when there is a major slowdown on the interstate & I need to know whether to exit. The rest of the time, it's just offensive.
I hope you will remember that for every moron on the radio, you will find a person ready & willing to help - right here on this site. This is where the community of drivers hang out, asking questions, offering advice, trading experiences, (& jokes) in an effort to lighten the load for everyone.
I also see a lot of intolerence everywhere, & think it's really sad that we don't see diversity as a way to learn, because we might learn some things that would be good to know...........

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well guys thanxs for understand

well guys the drivers of north america i thank everyone of you for understanding my frustation when i wrote my subject earlier today and thankyou for understanding that in no way was i having shots at anyone in north america but like a lot of you i been out here a long time be it here or anywhere else in the world and i love this industry i do not drive for the money it does help but i drive for knowing that small or large item has been transported by a truck be 1 mile or 5000 miles and hearing from the recieving dept thankyou driver would it not be nice to hear this from our company dispatchers like great job driver thankyou well i know i do not hear this from my lease company these are the things we are losing in this rush rush world but i am ramling on now so once again guys thankyou for all your great comments and if ever i can be of assistance out there to anyone of you just look out for my fl70 straight truck anywhere in the 48 of this great country as well as canada you will know it believe me just look for the kangaroo on the rear doors
wombat ;) :) ;-) :D

huntn1

Expert Expediter
RE: well guys thanxs for understand

well i would have hollered at you on the radio if i would have been in that neck of the woods,but lucky for me i wasnt.if you would have been down here in the south(gods country) someone would have helped you. show you some southern hospitality, but if not at least you wouldnt have froze.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
RE: well guys thanxs for understand

Everyone is in this together. Some just need to step up to the plate. You know who you are. Passing someone who is asking for help on the side of the road in a commercial truck is not likely a convict.
Stop and offer assistance. Stopping for a short period of time is not likely to affect a delivery time.
Shouting obscenities at them is nothing but a simple degenerate.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ye ha cowboys

well your right i would not have froze my aussie buns off yep and i would have hollow right back mate yep if you can spare a few minutes then i would have wanted to buy you a soft drink or a coffee but
i want everyone to know i know 90% of drivers out here would but there always will be the ye ha cowboys of the road be it here or australia europe or anywhere else on the planet give them a rig( tractor ) and i think there brain size gets smaller ok here is a example ok last week there was a young lady trying to back her 53ft rig in a spot in jessup md ok i know we all know this place unfortunalately ,
there was a couple of guys ( drivers ) helping her reverse in next minute one of our famous CB rambo spoke up cannot even back a trailer in to a parking spot wonder if she is better in bed now if that would have been my wife or girlfriend i would have hunted this idiot down to make him say sorry to her this is what i am trying to get to drivers time for all of us to clean up our act ????and be there for each other that way we might just one day be able to stand together as a united body of workers flatbed,reefer,van tanker straight truck and all the other drivers out there who earns a living everyday on the road and those of us who might be away from our familys for weeks at a time on the road think about it as a united body of worker we can do this by being there for each other
wombat

greg334

Veteran Expediter
RE: ye ha cowboys

I was in Kentucky going back home, just left the exit from I 65 to I 71 and something told me it was going to be a bad trip back. About twenty miles from Louisville I had a blow out, front left tire. It acted odd about 30 seconds before it let loose, so I had time to slow down. It was loud, BOOM.

So there I am sitting on the side of the road, out came the triangles, flashers on and little blinky lights near the triangles because it was getting dark in an hour or so and thought I would be there for a while.

I was hoping for a cop pull up behind me or someone like that but that was wishful thinking. I sat there watching traffic go by and wow there goes one of my fellow contractors on the other side and then another a minute later. Waited, and waited, nothing. Ok I figure that they didn’t see me, so I went ahead and started to change my tire. I could not break the lug nuts loose, so I decided to call the professionals, AAA. While I am trying to get my AAA card out, I look up as I am being passed not by two but three of my fellow contractors on my side of the road, right in a row. Who stopped? No one, this time it wasn’t because they didn’t see me, you couldn’t miss the four foot sign on the back of the van.

Well I did get help; I got the tire changed and went on my way. If I am driving down the road and safely stop, I will. But I have seen some who cut in front of traffic, almost causing an accident to help out.

Wambat5252, I would suggest that you look at Amateur Radio, there is seriousness about helping people with this hobby. CB, forget about it, too many ignorant and ******* ******* people.

G

I would have stopped to help you. There are good people out there too. Sorry you couldn't find any when you needed help.

dragonrider

Expert Expediter

Sorry to hear it all.Yes I was in CB at the start,and things were different.I have stopped to help when I could,but no you have to be careful.A truck with the sign's on it ok,a van with no signs never.crooks do sit on side of road to rob,etc waiting for someone to stop.
As a
viet vet I say WELCOME

10yrs expidite
4yrs company
B C D trucks

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If an expediter heard another expediter calling for assistance on the CB, I believe most would stop. The problem is, many if not most expediters leave their CB's turned off because they dont want to listen to the garbage other drivers put on the air.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good point on the CB. I am one that has mine off the vast majority of the time. The example you gave in the "tired of it" thread is a good, if not tame, example of the bovine excrement that exists on the airwaves.

On the subject of stopping for someone on the road, I need to see someone actively waving me down to stop. If that's not happening, I have to assume help is on the way or it is not an emergency stop. I've had a few instances of stopping just to find out the guy just stopped to take a leak, or that help was already on the way.