We are too useful!!!!

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Cynthia said I can be replaced....
She prefaced that comment with the following-
Men are like
1. Bank accounts, without alot of money we don't generate interest.
2.Copiers, needed for reproduction thats about it.
3.Goverment bonds, take a long time to mature.
4.Used cars, cheap, easy to get but not reliable.
5.Blenders, you need one but don't know why.
6.Horoscopes, always tell you what to do but are usually wrong.
7.Mascara, usually run at the 1st sign of emotion.
8.Weather, nothing can be done to change either one.
9.Computers, hard to figure out and never have enough memory.
10.Commercials, can't believe a word they say.
11.Coffee, rich and warm and can keep you up all night long. (????)

Well you get the picture, she may be able to find a woman that can fuel the truck, check the air pressure, check the oil and back it too but she will never find a woman that can read a map book and more important we guys have a built in Global repositioning instant location awareness device we like to call "Mandar" and face it...
You need Mandar...
Mike

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Now Mike I can read a map and usually am the one find out way out of the numerous times that we do get lost. Before anyone starts we do have a GPS but we have a lot of talent and still get lost. Now for your other points on what men are needed for I have to agree with you. The first time I had a Level 1 inspection and was asked to open the hood I almost had a heart attack. But guess what in a pinch I can open the hood. I was really hoping Bob did not notice my new found ability and think I should do it more often.

What a funny post started our day laughing!

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I think Mike exaggerates just a tad! I can read a map just as well as the next person (putting one back together is another story). I for one won't hesitate to stop and get directions, but if Mike is driving, he'll find it if it kills him, mandar skills or whatever...

Most of the time the directions we get on the qualcomm are pretty accurate. We also carry a laptop with a sprint air card so looking up directions on mapquest is commonly used by us. While we do have a copy of the streets and trips with the GPS (Mike had to have it), I don't think we've used it but one time.

Cynthia and Mike

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I think Mike exaggerates just a tad! I can read a map just as well as the next person (putting one back together is another story).

As long as the next person is a female}>

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Mrgoodtude... which aircard do you have? Is it EVDO?

Just replaced mine the other day (my nephew kicked the antenna climbing into the passenger's seat... clutz! :p ) It's a Merlin S620, and it connects about twice as fast as the 570, and has an internal antenna.

About finding directions... since I'm the only one in the truck now, I have to stop to look on the net. Since I'm stopped, I may as well go ask some of the locals. Otherwise, it's nice that we get the phone numbers for the shippers/recievers.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Hey THawk, We have the 580 aircard and it has the Evdo which is great when you are in a Evdo area and I have one of the blade phones that shows an icon on the screen when we have it. If w/out Evdo usually slower than watching redwoods grow. Is the Merlin card a broadband card? and is there a diffrence between it and Evdo? This is the 2nd aircard for us too (the 1st being stolen) and needless to say we were not that impressed with it. A year has passed and I have noticed alot more Evdo areas and it seems to be a better value now.
Mike and Cyn

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think men are useful - the first time I tried to open the hood, [on a Frieghtliner Classic], I reached up & grabbed hold of the hood ornament, & pulled, & pulled more, & found myself dangling there, feet in the air, & still the hood didn't lift - and it was a man who showed me how to lift it from the side, thus sparing me untold [more] embarrasment. After he got done laughing of course...x(

Pappy

Expert Expediter
And then---Along comes PAPPY! An exciting cross between a silver wine goblet and a dixie cup!

Pappy

35 yrs OTR T/T :p :p :p