Wa Happened?

G

Ok...one day me and my truck (s) are hammer down. We could'nt keep up with the loads. Jan. 1 comes along and I can't get a load to save my wife....I mean my life.

Anywho, what up?

X

G

there is generally a slum between christmas and about the third week in feb. best way to look at it is that as expediters we are the one's who fix somones problem. since the christmas season most employees are trying to pay for there presents and are trying to get all the over time they can get. less fall behind is happening. note that the nicer the the days are in summer the more work there is. by end of feduary freight will be coming back on line harder.

G

No loads to save your life?

You musta' moved down here to Florida....

G

It took us til Tues to get out of Atlanta, but managed 2 good runs, ending up back here in Atl., with a dozen other trucks. Looks like it might be Tues again before we get out again. Could be worse, I guess. Sounds like others carriers are even slower.

G

been stuck in az for four days. but least the weather is great. dont know when well get out.

G

The Weather is too GOOD for Expediters to get busy. It's almost 50 degrees in New York, and it's January!!! wait till it snows & sleets & the roads are bad & you'll run & run & run!!! ( if you want to)

G

I went out Monday, 1/3/00, and returned Friday, 1/7/00. I got 6 loads for 1641 paid miles (72%) and 650 deadhead miles (28%). My Spicer tranny went bad, so I'm out of service until it is repaired. I didn't consider it a bad week for January. I am detroit based.

G

It is just the nature of the beast that things slow down at this time of year. Nothing we can do about, but pray for snow. That gets the parttimers off the road.

G

We left Shelby NC on Monday and didn't stop until Saturday when we arrived in Detroit, for a total of 2687 paid miles, and only 87 bonus miles. So much for the slow season for us last week! Right now we are sitting in Fredericksburg, VA with me having the flu, so thank goodness we had last week! Hope business picks up for everyone and stays that way.

G

Phil,

I am leased to Tristate, based in Detroit. The miles aren't bad, but the rate is low.