VP Conference Call #1 for 2010

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are away from your QC- Sat @ 10:00 will be our first Conference call for 2010. You can submit questions via your QC....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
already got the phone set with a 945 alarm to log in to it. someone call ken and make sure he gets involved with his axe.:D:eek:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
already got the phone set with a 945 alarm to log in to it. someone call ken and make sure he gets involved with his axe.:D:eek:

Ken hates the calls. Why? He can't talk he has to listen and that is something he is not use to. Transmit only....

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
discovered this past week that there are certain s/t fleets getting the t/t fsc. i asked about this and when would vans get the dime back. it was dismissed as the lower profit margin comments.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are doing such a great job, being rewarded by low rates? Oh me!

Next S/T load I get, I'll ask for S/T FSC.....yeah, I'll get that!

Why ask for feed back only from those working 30 to 60 days?

Want to hear what I hear? Ask for everyones feed back.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are doing such a great job, being rewarded by low rates? Oh me!

Next S/T load I get, I'll ask for S/T FSC.....yeah, I'll get that!

Why ask for feed back only from those working 30 to 60 days?

Want to hear what I hear? Ask for everyones feed back.

as Jack Nicholson said..."the truth? you can't handle the truth"

:D

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Oh no pal, I can handle the truth if told what it is!

What is the truth? What is the non-truth? Its all a matter of perspective.

Its the age old arguement. Good vs Evil, right vs wrong, top vs bottom, in vs out,

Ok don't ask me where this is going its too late at night but all I know is they can not explain to me to my satisfaction why we can't get our original rates back but they keep hiring more and buying more. I see the big picture and the aquisitions of these companys will pay off in the long run but that "BASE" rate to us can make or break alot of the drivers on the bubble of going under. They can talk about percents and number of miles but if you are not getting the rate to make enough to keep your truck in working order what good is it?

The number of miles are up but the rate is down and that is a recipe for disaster for owners who have older equipment that requires more repairs or replacement.

ITS TIME FOR THE DIME!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
there are certain s/t fleets getting the t/t fsc.

and other fleets like Judd gettin 1.15 per mile PLUS .05 for every loaded mile...meanwhile Judd drivers are only seeing $1.12 so that is .08 per loaded mile to the owner...

and it is what? .09 difference in the fsc between straights and tractors?

That is where our dime is....we are subsiding the fleet owners with these sweetheart deals.....

add that to all the new staff and a couple executive types with higher wages.....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and other fleets like Judd gettin 1.15 per mile PLUS .05 for every loaded mile...meanwhile Judd drivers are only seeing $1.12 so that is .08 per loaded mile to the owner...

and it is what? .09 difference in the fsc between straights and tractors?

That is where our dime is....we are subsiding the fleet owners with these sweetheart deals.....

add that to all the new staff and a couple executive types with higher wages.....

Ok lets say this is true.....and lets say the fleet owners have a 12 month agreement for this amount. Good news! Their agreement ends around Aug or Sept! Then maybe we can get back to bidness and make a good living doing this... Also it's not the dime...It's .15 for us Sprinters. (.80 to .70=dime- 1.05 to 1.00= .5 both=.15)

But we can keep on doing what we do and live with less Revenue with higher cost. Or go somewhere else. I'm going to "Hang Tight" for a few more months to see what happens, or Just get a Cargo Van if that's all I'm getting paid for. Or,....Or....build a nice sleeper and go down to 9 feet....and 1500 lbs...