Volvo Dealer Interested In Expeditor Market

zorry

Veteran Expediter
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1388035736.732064.jpg

This is one of two CRs a friend is building.
110" ICT with showers.
18 Ft Supreme Units
Carrier Top Mounts

Adam, at Andy Mohr Truck Center in Indy built these two.

Other sleeper options available.

These trucks have been purchased by Bruce Abbott.
Adam is at 317- 697- 6596.
Adam thinks there will be people interested in Volvo Expeditors.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know nothing about that transmission. I would get rid of the barn doors too. Truck looks good. Not sure if I like the shower either.

I would look at that if I were in the market.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Best transmission on the market.
Owner loves barn doors. They , as many others are doing, have vinyl curtains at rear of box.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Best transmission on the market.
Owner loves barn doors. They , as many others are doing, have vinyl curtains at rear of box.

I like the vinyl curtain idea. I would have them if I was in the market for a truck. I am not a fan of the barn door. Too many tight docks out there. We have had "issues" from time to time with ours. Our are thicker than most others with 4" of insulation vs the normal 3. It has been VERY tight in a couple of places. The 4" does perform MUCH better than the 3".

What reefer?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Carrier. Smaller than my 950.
Its an 18' box.
Hope to fit 8 skids when needed.
Adding lift axle.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
8 skids would be tough with all the White Glove stuff. That would be the 850 I would think. Should be enough reefer for that small box.

What does that truck price out at?

GandJ

Active Expediter
I thought vinyl curtains were specifically not allowed to be used at fdxx. I would prefer a mid roof at least. Love the idea of more options when making a purchase. Yes, approximate price as shown? Thanks for posting Zorry.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've been asked not to reveal the price on these units. Multi truck discount.
On a single unit, a little cheaper than recent Bolts.
Would have to sit down with spec sheets to make a complete side by side comparison.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What about the extreme nose heavy reputation of the Volvo's, especially with what looks like a longer than usual wheelbase?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That's a typical WB.
The lift axle will be in front of drive axle.

Volvo solved the nose heavy issue by putting batteries under driver, fuel tanks behind. Problem solved.
I'll ask the driver to send me weights once on the road.
I drove a T-800, 96" ICT w/shower,. M-11. I'll be able to compare weights.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
What about the extreme nose heavy reputation of the Volvo's, especially with what looks like a longer than usual wheelbase?

Our Cascadia is heavy on front end as well. Lift axle and proper freight placement make it work.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
All DR's are nose heavy.
I know two T-660 drivers that have had steering weight issues.
A driver told me you can put heavier tires on a 12,000 lb axle and be allowed over 12,000 lbs.

I couldn't find that reg in the little green book. My big reg book is at home. I'd have to see it in writing before I'd try it.